Title Ignite Euope - Training Trainers to Develop and Support Social Entrepreneurs
Project Number UK/11/LLP-LdV/TOI-442
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Country UK-United Kingdom
Marketing Text The Ignite Europe project developed a training programme aimed at VET teachers, tutors and trainers, it equipped them with the materials and tools to develop social entrepreneurship with students that have faced difficulties in the labour market.
Materials from the lead partners' existing social entrepreneurship programme, Ignite, were adapted and developed by the partners. The partners ensured that the new learning materials reflected the situation in each of their countries and that they met the needs of specific student groups. The original Ignite Europe comprised materials for the delivery of motivational and enterprise skill modules. The new product, Ignite Europe included modules that enabled the target group of VET teachers, trainers, tutors and VET institution managers to deliver a programme of support that encouraged and developed social entrepreneurship with students facing difficulties in the labour market.
The objectives of the project were to (a) to develop the capacity, skills and competencies of the target group (b) to provide materials for the target group to use with potential social entrepreneurs/students (c) to foster partnerships, promote good practice and role models and support better access to knowledge (d) to offer a "Developing Social Entrepreneurship" standardised qualification for our target group across the partner countries. The project successfully met the objectives but rather than developing a standardised qualification, as this was not possible during the lifetime of the project, a report was published that maps the programme against the EQF.
Ignite Europe addressed key issues outlined in a number of EU policy documents on entrepreneurship i.e. developing capacity and skills; developing positive attitudes towards entrepreneurship; making entrepreneurship accessible to all; the need to foster networks/partnerships; to promote good practice and role models; and to develop better access to knowledge. The project also addressed the need to develop key competencies "sense of initiative and entrepreneurship" and “civil and social competence”. Ignite Europe supported the transfer and recognition of competencies and qualifications across Europe.
The impact on VET systems was the mapping of the programme against the EQF for the target group; the development of an understanding of social entrepreneurship in the EU; and the production of a tool for the development of social entrepreneurship skills that can be easily adapted to support any group facing difficulties within the labour market. The long term impact of the project was that the products were available commercially to enable social entrepreneurs to use their creative and entrepreneurial abilities within their communities for social benefit.
During the lifetime of the project we:
* Held 4 of the partner meetings.
* Developed a website please go to http://ignite.euproject.org/
* Produced a research report examining the situation with regard to entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship and the social economy in each of the partner countries.
* Produced a report detailing the needs of specific target groups in Partners Countries.
* Produced a report defining the term Social Entrepreneurship for the purposes of the project.
* Produced a report mapping the Ignite Europe programme against the EQF
* Provided further background information and useful links relating to the subject of social entrepreneurship which can be found on the website.
* Adapted the existing Ignite programme and produced a new comprehensive programme consisting of 7 modules that could be used and adapted for the needs of the target group.
* Produced a comprehensive workbook a trainers' manual complete with training materials that could be used as handouts for participants as well as powerpoint presentations to aid with delivery. A film - Social Entrepreneurship in Action was produced to enable participants to see case studies of existing social enterprises in the partner countries.
* A project leaflet was produced.
* Four project newsletters were produced; they can be found on the Ignite Europe and partner websites.
* A successful final conference was held in Cyprus in September 2013.
Administrative and Support Service Activities
Other Service Activities
Product information Ignite Europe comprises a website; workbooks in hard format and CD ROM (a) for trainers, on how to deliver training in social entrepreneurship and (b) with material for trainers to use with potential social entrepreneurs/students; and a DVD featuring social entrepreneurship case studies from each country.