Title TIPEIL TRANSFER OF AN INNOVATIVE PORTFOLIO TO EVALUATE INFORMAL LEARNING
Project Number LLP-LDV/TOI/2007/IT/019
Product TIPEIL DIGITAL PORTFOLIOS PLATFORM
Title TIPEIL DIGITAL PORTFOLIOS PLATFORM
Product Type others
Marketing Text TIPEIL web based platform is articulated in a Content Management System (input data) and a Web site (data output). It has been implemented to support the application of the Digital Portfolio Model, within a transnational research context (2007-2009) aimed at testing and validating a tool and a methodology concerned with the valorisation of knowledge and capabilities that young and adults, employed or unemployed, achieved within non formal and informal learning contexts, so as to foster their placement or re-placement in the labour market. It is available on line on project website in 5 languages (IT, GR, FR, ES, EN).
Tipeil web based platform is articulated in e different areas:
1. Create a digital portfolio – to upload all materials (text files, audio-video files, images, documents) considered necessary to create one’s own portfolio.
2. Modify your portfolio –to modify and update a portfolio already uploaded in the system.
3. See portfolios – to see all portfolios that have been uploaded in the system.
To each area correspond different typologies of users (the access is permitted only by password log in and/or registration).
- operators (tutor, trainers, etc.) working within training, counselling, guidance and employment organisations, providing these services to subjects that for different reasons are in social and occupational disadvantage;
- organisations providing the services above mentioned, with respect to TWO main typologies of beneficiaries: young and adults;
-Young with low education levels;
- Young and adults who have realised fragmentary and heterogeneous working experiences;
-Adults at risk of unemployment;
- local institutiona and stakeholders interested in project themes.
To create digital/electronic portfolios, ICT devices are essential. A web based paltform in this case provides the same and typical advantages of the most common interactive Web Potals, as for example:
- unlimited storage capacity (D.P. can host files in different formats – such as text, video, audio, images,etc.);
- virtuality, allowing the possibility and opportunity to update contents without any space and/or time bonds;
- accessibility and usability (easy to upload and/or download contents;
- capacity to act not only as informative but also as communicative tool;
- presence of a considerable high cost/benefit ratio;
- endurance (it is difficult to damage or ruin a CD for example if compared with paper);
- quality and attractiveness of final output (it can include images, photos, videos and audios showing them with a quality higher than paper).
Area of application Counselling and guidance centres and organisation (private and public), employment services (private and public), education and training organisations and institutions.
Product Languages English