Title EN: European Union Special Rescue - Medicine
Project Number 2010-1-SI1-LEO05-01628
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The rescue of people from fall endangered areas, e.g. confined spaces, cranes, cliffs, cable cars, etc. is a special challenge for the fire service and the ambulance services.
Reason for the project:
The rescue of people from fall endangered areas, e.g. confined spaces, cranes, cliffs, cable cars, etc. is a special challenge for the fire service and the ambulance services. To provide the best possible help for victims it would be necessary that the rescuers are multi-skilled both in rope rescue techniques and in medical emergency response. Due to the general task of the fire service – which is fire fighting and technical rescue - on one hand and the ambulance service – which is urgent medical rescue and patient transport - on the other hand in many countries the necessary multi-skills are very often not provided by the standard training program of these organizations.
Main aims and objectives:
The project is aiming at
- the transfer of the didactical concept and material developed in the previous projects to ambulance services and/or medical doctors which do not have own specific training programs for rope rescue and thus cannot provide help for victims injured in fall endangered areas;
- providing information about basic life support treatment to rope rescuers
- providing basic rope rescue techniques, e.g. fall protection, to medical rescuers
via an e-learning-tool which has been successfully developed and tested in the previous Leonardo project. The medical part has will be a totally new development.
Such a tool is by definition limited in its effect because practical training is lacking, but it can nevertheless
- reinforce practical training and
- trigger the development of special rope rescue/medical rescue courses where e-learning and practical training can be provided together.
Objective of the project is raising the efficiency of rescue of people in fall endangered areas.
For rope rescue teams this can be achieved by providing information about triage (health status of victims) and medical treatment under emergency conditions. For ambulance teams the knowledge of fall protection will allow them to work also in remote locations.
The desired e-learning training package will contribute to the efficiency of training of both target audiences.
Sectors Other Service Activities
program or curricula
Curriculum for training in medical emergency response of rope rescue teams;
Curriculum for training in fall protection for urgent medical response teams;
DVD as didactical/learning material to improve the outcome of practical and theoretical instructions - the DVD can be used for initial as well as for continuous vocat