Title Disability Employment Skills for Employers and Public Agencies
Project Number 2009-1-TR1-LEO05-08631
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text It is usually a problem for the disableb to get employed or to keep the job they have already been given.The DESEPA TOI project aims to help everyone involved in the process of employment of the disabled.Finding out the needs in this field,building up a specific curriculum for the training trials and applying this curriculum in the training of the employers and trainers,disseminating this in the whole country of the partners,valuing the skills the disabled already have and may gain in order to have or keep the job they have are the basic, characteristic proporties of our project.
In all EU countries disabled people are underrepresented in the working population. Many services offer training and advice to disabled people, some from LdV projects which will be included, but none that create working links between employers and public sector workers to support the employment of disabled people. The project aims
• to increase the number of disabled people able to work in suitable employment, providing skills for their support workers and their employers
• to transfer innovative training courses in skills for the employment of disabled people,
• To produce a face to face, distance learning, and ICT based materials that can reach individuals in government offices and clinics, at colleges, and in employers’ premises
• To incorporate skills for disability case-management and inter-agency working, sensitive to the local cultural context and include employment guidance techniques
• to contribute to the co-operation between employment service providers and their network partners, concentrating on the co-operation between employers and public agencies
The partners will carry out local needs assessments, adjust & transfer, pilot and evaluate the course, working with employers, employment services, welfare, education and social services department in the countries. They include
• A Chamber of Commerce representing employers’ interests
• An online an e-learning services provider, to guide on e-learning and VET integration, run trials,
• A national disability NGO, to involve users, run trials and to provide educational expertise.
• A provincial Education Directorate, to co-ordinate public agencies and support VET integration
• A regional state Disability Employment Organisation, to contribute to understanding of inter-service co-operation and to run trials.
• A career counselling and guidance company specialising in support for disabled people to contribute to the transfer and run trials
• A Disability Employment research and consultancy company to lead the project and contribute the original material.
The project will result in a VET-integrated and tested course, based on researched evidence for the design and effectiveness, for public sector workers and one for employers, an E-learning platform for delivery of training alongside face to face teaching, a forward plan for ongoing exploitation of the results by partners and others
A - Service providers' Training course for supporting employment of disabled people for public welfare/service organisations' and NGO's staff, and unemployed disabled people;
B - Employers' Training course for supporting employment of disabled people for Employers in the private and public sectors: their recruitment, HR and supervisory staff, and unemployed disabled people.
•VET Integration phase:
After finalizing the trials experience, partners will compare the DESEPA products and develop the approach for their integration in National VET systems, with EU wide compatibility.
With the DESEPA project maximum benefits will be achieved for the following target groups:
•Disabled people who will enter paid work or retain work when at risk of losing it;
•Disabled people who will enter economic activity by starting to look for work;
•Employers who are supported or trained to take the training and recruit disabled workers, or retain disabled workers at risk of becoming unemployed on account of their condition;
•Employers who want to review their recruitment policies, take the training and undertake to include effective recruitment procedures for future disabled employees;
•People and organisations that will take the training, with the number of disabled people they support.
Access for disadvantaged
Public Administration and Defence; Compulsory Social Security
Administrative and Support Service Activities
open and distance learning
program or curricula
transparency and certification
1. Service providers' Training course for supporting employment of disabled people
2. Employers' Training course for supporting employment of disabled people
3. R4 e-learning platform for training courses providing skills and activities as priority over knowledge-based learning
4. Project Website
5. Evaluation procedure and report on effectiveness of training in disability employment support skills including report on suitable didactic methods for application of self-efficacy measures
6. Project Leaflets
7. Project Poster
8. Project conference & reception – Turkey
9. Presentation of the project at conferences & seminars
10. Project publicity report
11. Project Newsletter
12. Publications in Professional Journals