Title TRANsfer Selling and Marketing Innovation Training
Project Number 2009-1-FR1-LEO05-07336
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Most of the high-tech SMEs feature an organization where marketing and sales positions are held by engineering or scientific profiles.
This often translates by a lack of marketing vision for technologies, which is a key issue regarding SMEs’ growth.
In order to face this challenge, a training programme has been developed, aiming at providing marketing and sales competences to these managers.
The TRANSMIT project is seen as a natural extension for a training programme previously developed by the EUBBSI project. This programme was ranked by FT as 58th best Top Executive Education Program worldwide.
In order to strenghen the European Competitiveness, several organisations have been set up to support innovation and industrial cooperation: clusters, pôles de compétitivité, technopôles, innovation parks, etc.
Mission of these organizations is to provide training and consulting services to their members, in particular to high-tech SMEs.
The goal of TRANSMIT project is to transfer a training program towards these European clusters (starting with a sample of five clusters). Developed and commercialized under a previous Leonardo European project; the training is conceived to address sales and marketing lack of competences in high-tech SMEs.
In order to ensure a successful transfer, each cluster is paired with a local training institution such as University or vocational training agency. The strategy is to build up cluster-university partnerships able to integrate, improve and diffuse the program in their region.
In each partner country, the “training partner” will be providing human and pedagogical resources so as to acquire and deliver the program. whereas the “cluster partner” will be testing and deploying the training actions in the high-tech SMEs.
In the short term, the project should have an impact on about 3000 European SMEs.
This training programme addresses managers and executives facing marketing and sales issues for their high-tech solutions, in a Business to Business sales environment.
This type of sales is characterized by :
•Market niches, with the necessity to insert the offer in complex value chains
•Long sales cycle
•Multi-members and complex purchasing groups
•Strong customer needs and problem solving orientation
•Sale of “complex solutions”, combining a mix of products and services, customized by several internal or external contributors
•The necessity to demonstrate the value and the benefits generated by the offer, instead of focusing on the technical characteristics of the offer
Erziehung und Unterricht
Erbringung von Freiberuflichen, Wissenschaftlichen und Technischen Dienstleistungen
- A common « competence frame of reference» and « competence diagnostic tool », available in four 4 languages (French, English,, Italian, German).
- An on-line learning platform, accessible and operating in five Countries, monitored by a local e-learning administrator.
- Collective seminars delivered by local trainers.
- A coaching approach delivered by local coaches.
- A certification process for trainers and coaches certificate, a quality chart, an audit procedure, a scientific committee.
- A minimum of 10 trainees by country, having been trained in the pilot session.
- Some public funding opportunities identified in each Country, so as to support the training costs.
- Some promotion tools, adapted and translated in five Countries.