Title Le projet SIWHP: Promotion de la santé au travail comme le renforcement de la connaissence professionelle des médecins specialistes en médicine du travail et médicine sportive
Project Number 2010-1-SI1-LEO05-01619
Project Type Projets de transfert d'innovation
Marketing Text Le projet va rendre possible aux médecins specialistes en médicine du travail et médicine sportive en Slovenie d'enricher leur connaissance sur la promotion de la santé au travail et ainsi renforcer leur rôle dans ce domaine. En plus d'acquisition de connaissance nouvelle dans le domaine de promotion de la santé au travail, les participants vont rafraîchir aussi quelques autres connaissances (par example dans les domaines de l'ergonomie et l'evaluation du risque) et consolider leur competence en informatique dans la fonction de la recherche d'information professionelle. La vision du projet n'embrasse pas seulement l'ouvrement des possibilités supplementaire pour le travail plus efficace et pour la collaboration avec des entreprises dans le soin pour la santé des employés, mais aussi l'augmentation de la compétitivité du travail des specialistes et l'augmentation de leur influence sur la qualité de la vie des employés.
Summary The overall aim of the project is to improve, adapt and transfer an existing international blended learning training programme in workplace health promotion, named ELWHP and developed already in Romania, for a number of 30 Slovenian Occupational, traffic and sports medicine physicians.
Within the project, the following operational objectives were planned and also fully met:
- to organize an updated and specifically crafted WHP training course for the Slovenian OTSMP - a big effort was put into the process of needs assessment and analysis of the Slovenian legal, institutional and educational framework in the field of occupational health and WHP in order to make the training course as suitable as possible for our target group and national context;
- to support the process of developing the field through an information campaign - the campaign has raised awareness about the importance of specific knowledge in WHP among the target group (the plan is to repeat the SIWHP course and to develop several new shorter courses in WHP) and has also enhanced willingness for cooperation between the OTSMP, safety engineers and health promoters or WHP advisors (also trained by the Slovenian partner);
- to disseminate the content of the training course at European level for possible duplication - the already visible results of this dissemination are two new proposals of similar projects in Slovakia and Czech Republic, and also some other countries are interested in transferring and adapting the SIWHP training course (e.g. Spain);
- to organize a face-to-face training - the training course was implemented twice for two groups of participants with a three months gap between them in order to adapt the course material, teaching methods and course schedule;
- to set up a website suitable for e-learning: the website was meant to serve as an on-line forum and a useful way to discuss with lecturers but it turned out that this was the weakest part of the training course itself; the conclusion is that Slovenian OTSMP are not yet prepared to use the internet as a tool for e-learning and still prefer face-to-face learning methods; this experience will be very useful in adapting the SIWHP course and in setting up future training programmes for this target group.
Formation tout au long de la vie
Formation ouverte et à distance
Utilisation et diffusion de résultats
Marché du travail
Validation, transparence, certification
Entreprise, TPE, PME
Santé Humaine et Action Sociale
Activités Spécialisées, Scientifiques Et Techniques
Méthodes de distribution
Matériel pour l'enseignement
Enseignement à distance
Transparence et certification
During the project, several results and products were achieved:
- Work Plan and Detailed Information about the Project
Detailed work plan by partners with and overview of the project, partners' tasks description, exact deadlines, financial and administrative issues, and budget by partners, aimed to assure good management and administration of the project.
- Needs assessment report
The report is the result of the needs assessment process that consisted of three main fields of assessment: an overview (based on a desktop research) of the occupational health system in Slovenia including legislative and institutional framework, and training for OTSMP; focus group discussion and field survey; and peer review of the training material (mainly the training course manual).
- Valorisation plan
It aims to ensure that the project results meet the identified needs and in this case these results can be also included into the VET system. The purpose is also to ensure that the main outputs of the project will have the maximum possibility of being used beyond the lifetime of the project. The plan focuses on various opportunities for project results dissemination.
- Dissemination material (leaflets)
The leaflet in Slovenian language aimed to reach a number of 200 OSH specialists, company representatives, safety inspectors, and occupational health physicians via dissemination through direct mailing and conferences held by the Slovenian partner.
The leaflet in English aimed to reach a number of 100 European specialists, company representatives, safety inspectors, and occupational health physician via dissemination of materials and organization of a European Workshop.
- Curriculum and training course plan
Detailed training course programme that contains 10 modules and an introductory and closing session. Each module is presented in a half day session and split into several lectures, example presentations, discussions and case study exercises. An integral part of the curriculum is also the case study that is used for exercises at almost every module, therefore the participants have to read the case study well in the beginning of the course to be able to take an active role in these exercises.
- E-learning platform (on line) and website
Together with the project visual identity also the website mock-up was prepared, and general information text in English and Slovenian was developed. The website address is: www.si-whp.eu. The website also contains an e-learning platform with the possibility to get in contact with lecturers/tutors and other participants, to take part in forums regarding all relevant topics, and to upload the final assignment papers.
- National dissemination event
The national dissemination event aimed to present the project and the training course to a wider community of occupational health experts, and to show some work done by the participants. Thus, the event programme included some presentations of workplace health promotion programmes developed by the participants as final assignments.
Additional purpose of the event was to attract other occupational health physicians to take part in the next implementation of the SIWHP course.
The round table discussion in the second half of the event was dedicated to draw some guidelines for adaptation of the SIWHP training course on the basis of the evaluation carried out.
- European dissemination event
The project results and the training course evaluation were presented and discussed at the European dissemination event presentation and workshop adjoining the Copenhagen meeting of the European Network for Workplace Health Promotion. The English leaflets were distributed among the participants before the session started.
- Training courses
The training course was organized for two groups of occupational, traffic and sports medicine specialists, altogether, 26 participants were included. The two courses were implemented with a three months gap between them in order to allow adaptations of the course content, structure and training materials based on the results attained during the first training period. Following the needs assessment, each course of total length of 6 days was split into two sections of three consecutive days, from Thursday to Saturday. Both groups received the case study on the first day of the face-to-face training in order to have time to read it before the second day when the case study exercises started. The course was thoroughly evaluated. Three weeks after the face-to-face part of the course the participants had to submit the final assignment via website or e-mail.
- Workplace Health Promotion Handbook
The main purpose is to support the training course and to equip training course participants with a tool to consolidate the knowledge gained and to allow them to study additionally the main topics of the course. The second purpose is to provide the occupational health professionals in Slovenia with the first handbook in the field of workplace health promotion in the national language.
- Quality Management Plan
It presents the approaches and activities foreseen to be undertaken during the implementation of the project SIWHP “Workplace Health Promotion - a means of increasing the professional knowledge of the Slovenian Occupational, traffic and sports medicine physicians” in order to ensure a high quality of its processes, outputs and outcomes.
- Training Course Evaluation Report
It presents the results of evaluation of the first and second face-to-face training course. It has the following structure: description of the training programme from the perspective of the components of the programme; expected results evaluation; evaluation of the pedagogical quality of the training; evaluation of the course from the perspective of the contents in general; evaluation of the organization of the training; and conclusions and recommendations.