Title European Peer Review in Guidance and Counselling in Adult Vocational Education and Training - a contribution to EQARF implementation
Project Number 2010-1-PT1-LEO05-05185
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The EuroPeerGuid project’s challenge is to transfer and further develop the European Peer Review Methodology as an element of the CQAF and as an input to the national implementation of the EQARF in the partner’s countries.
This project by providing a "tested-proof" quality assurance and development methodology and tools, by insuring the training and expansion of a European Peer Review pool of peers coming from the target-group – guidance and counselling and training provision – and by using the experience of the pilot testing organisations as a “show case” of the benefits and advantages of the methodology near the members of each national network, fully answer to the need to address quality assurance and development in a very particular field of VET operation – Guidance and Counselling for Adults.
At national level, each of the countries involved face, on one hand, the need to adapt their own VET system and quality VET assurance and development system to integrate EQARF recommendations, and on the other hand, are dealing with the implementation of LLL policies and the corresponding need to address quality assurance and development in a particular field of VET operation - guidance and counselling in Adult VET.
The project will transfer the European Peer Review (PR) methodology, an innovative methodology combining external evaluation with self-assessment, that supports VET Providers in their efforts to improve the quality of their provision, built on the principles and recommendations of former CQAF currently EQARF, and through this, it will bring a positive answer to the 2 challanges referred.
Aim: transfer and further develop the European PR methodology as an element of the CQAF and as an input to the national implementation of the EQARF in the partner’s countries, in a particular field of VET operation – Guidance and Counselling in Adult VET.
- Transfer and further adaptation of the PR methodology to guidance and counselling in Adult VET;
- Training peers coming from the partner countries in order to enable them to apply the PR methodology;
- Testing PR in 10 guidance centres;
- Disseminating the project results with a view to emphasize the potential of the methodology as a quality assurance and development instrument.
program or curricula
The products that will be transferred and further developed are available through the following link http://peer-review-education.net/; in particular, the products to transfer are:
1. European Peer Review Manual for VET;
2. Peer Review Manual For Guidance in Adult Education adapted from European Peer Review Manual for Initial VET;
3. European Peer Training Curriculum.
The “Peer Review Manual for Guidance in Adult Education” is a Slovenian adaptation and edition of the Manual mentioned in 1. regarding the way the PR methodology could be adapted to adult education guidance activities and used in the framework of the Slovenian network of guidance centres –ISIO centres.
The tangible outcomes of this project are:
- State of the Art of EQARF implementation and PR;
- European PR Manual for Guidance and Counselling in Adult VET;
- European PR Training Programme in Guidance and Counselling;
- Database of Peers;
- Pilot testing in 10 guidance centres from PT, SI, FR and FI;
- Dissemination means.