Title Setting up of an interactive e-Learning programme in Medical Parasitology and Mycology dedicated to the professionals who work in non specialized clinical laboratories: e-MEDICINimage
Project Number 2009-1-FR1-LEO05-07397
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
- e-MEDICINimage: Exclusive e-Learning continuing education programme designed for professionals (biologists or technicians) in the field of medical biology (parasitology and mycology), as a complement to the e-HEMATimage programme.
- Involves a "problem-solving" technique providing conditions that closely mirror real-life professional practice.
- Available in 5 languages (English, Spanish, French, Polish and Portuguese).
- Our tutors form part of a European network of recognized specialists who, as such, assure best quality.
- Certificate of completion for the training programme provided at the end of the yearly session.
- Accredited in the United Kingdom and in Poland.
The e-MEDICINimage project enabled the creation of a remote continuing education scheme in the health sector (medical biology) related to parasitology and medical mycology. These two training schemes are built exclusively on e-Learning techniques and each of them offers a unique curriculum available in 5 languages (English, Spanish, French, Polish and Portuguese). This scheme, associated with the already existing haematology programme "e-HEMATimage" it is transferred from, offers a global (e-MEDICINimage) and homogeneous range of training opportunities, all of which you can access from a unique portal.
What is at stake for us is to improve the knowledge and know-how of professionals who come from this sensitive health sector. These programmes are designed for non specialists whose job is to provide results for biological tests prescribed by clinicians. In these times of globalisation, they are designed to enable everyone concerned to have access to a unique and thus common training scheme that can be used in a language s/he is used to work in to promote and support the acquisition of knowledge, in the best and most comfortable access conditions (the Internet, using asynchronism so that you can work offline (when and where you wish to) and for as little money as possible). The creation of multilingual programmes was built on the implementation of 2 transnational networks of specialists who produced documents in compliance with the teaching method which is as close as possible to actual professional reality, i.e. real patient dossiers. Our specialists also play the role of tutors. Our partners continue to work on the development and promotion of the programmes, in view of obtaining training accreditation and certifications in their countries.
The continuing education transnational programme resulting from this can be extended to other languages and other training sectors.
The first user feedback data we have had show that this new scheme provides a powerful contribution to improvement in the professional practice in the domains concerned. Indeed, for these, microscopic observation (i.e. images) is essential. This cannot but be beneficial to users, to their patients and to public health on an international scale.
The implementation of the e-MEDICINimage scheme involved the following:
- Setting up networks of European specialists in parasitology and medical mycology (prior to submitting the dossier), based on the international connections resulting from the existing e-HEMATimage programme and with the assistance of the French tutors heading the PARASITim@ge and MYCOim@ge programmes.
- IT platform development based onthe existing multilingual structure dedicated to haematology,
- Creation of the teaching materials by the specialists on the basis of common editorial recommendations,
- Recruitment of user groups / testers in the different languages,
- "Full-scale" operational setup of the training scheme complete with tutoring,
- Actions related to the promotion of the programmes (booklets and leaflets written in the different languages, multilingual demonstration CD-ROM production, Web site development, participation in meetings in different countries, publications in review or on Web sites),
- Realisation of a user satisfaction survey whose results enable us to measure the practical impact of each programme for each country and to contribute to improve different (pedagogical and technical) aspects.
- Work for accreditation in the different countries
At our last partnership meeting, all partners voted for the pursuit of the programme beyond European financing. The 3rd session open to all, will start on February 15, 2012.
Open and distance learning
Sectors Human Health and Social Work Activities
open and distance learning
Product information Visit the website : www.e-medicinimage.eu