Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The web site eu-ceramics.eu emphasizes the excellence of the know-how of European ceramic creative craftsmen. It integrates new innovations in program of training and develops a modern and adapted communication.
The pottery / ceramic is considered as an arts and crafts today. This job, in strong territorial anchoring, is crossed from a mass production to utilitarian purpose, in an excellent production with strong artistic added value. In front of the strong competition of the low-cost countries, the innovation, the excellence of the know-how and the communication constitute the main stakes to put back this sector on the road of the growth. To answer this stake 2 ceramic vocational training centers of France and Czech Republic, a University in United Kingdom and a center of Video and multimedia production developed the following operational objectives:
- Encourage the innovation through 3 entrances : the exchange of excellent know-how between European potters, the integration of the design in the trainings and the realization of a guide of eco-conception.
- give access to the potters isolated in distance training to the techniques of several European countries by means of videos of training : transfer of the tool VITRA, didactic internet multilingual tool of training to glass-making excellent techniques of several European countries.
- endow the trainers of numeric supports for the training of the potters and the future potters to excellent techniques of various countries.
- promote the pottery-ceramic of Europe: transfer of the internet tool VITRA which also plays a role of promotion of an art profession thanks to the beauty of videos, photo galleries and pedagogy of the presentations.
- The provision on the site of a design approach and the possibility of developing by the virtual learning of new excellent techniques, are going to allow the professionals of the ceramic to consolidate their position on the market of the art. The project will also have an impact on the improvement of the image of the profession as well as on the awareness of the necessity of developing the vocational trainings according to the economic transformations of the sector.
The transfer of the tool Glazed, its experience feedback allowed a more targeted and faster development of the objectives:
Realization of movies with their educational guides about 6 techniques of ceramic excellences.
Transfer of the English methodology of education of the design in ceramic training towards the trainers and creation of modules of training in the partner centers.
Creation of a guide of good practice "eco-conception" and waste treatment in ceramic production on the scale of 3 partner countries.
Utilization and distribution of results
Open and distance learning
Arts, Entertainment and Recreation
Information and Communication
open and distance learning
A web site of valuation of the European ceramic productions in which we find:
A learningl movie of every technique and in every language is 18 movies with their educational guides.
A reference table of activities and\or "design" modules.
An European guide of good practices in eco-conception and in ceramic processing of waste.