Title Fashion School II - Multimedia and Internet guide for international textile and clothing
Project Number CZ/07/LLP-LdV/TOI/134015
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Country CZ-Czech Republic
Marketing Text The project Fashion school II arises from various preceding projects carried out by ATOK and its partners, especially in the Fashion school I project. The aim of FS I was an increase of quality of lifelong vocational education in the fashion/textile sector through creation of multilingual guide of textile business.This multimedia guide was translated into UK, FR, DE, ES, LT, HU, PL, PT, SI. The aim of FS II was to transfer acquired knowledge to most typical textile countries, where it will find its users easily – Rumania, Bulgaria and Turkey, where most of international textile companies are being settled , and further Italy and Greece as traditional fashion and textile countries. This way, there will exist unique T/C electronic explanatory dictionary in 16 European languages for a wide use among target groups.
The specific aims of the project were:
- To improve the quality and access to continuing vocational training and the lifelong acquisition of skills and competencies of people from target groups with a view to increase their adaptability to work in the international market.
- To increase the level of usage of e-learning and distance education in the textile sector, to increase attractiveness of the lifelong education for people already working.
- To support the increase in language competencies necessary for the international business in the field.
- To transfer approved and purposeful e-learning educational tool into further geographical areas, such as Eastern and Southern Europe.
Specific needs addressed:
- Lack for modern, interactive, inernet-based, e-learning tool for members of partners´ associations, university students and wide professional public
- Need to have an international educational instrument for training activities for special formation at universities in target countries (expecially Romania and Turkey)
- Enable better communication in virtual or real international partnerships, concerning research, development or preparation of curricula
Description Present macroecomical indicators illustrate constantly increasing pressure on globalized market and transfer of textile production to CEEC. Students and entrepreneurs from the textile and clothing sector (T/C), who would like to succeed, have to adapt to globalised market and ICT-based vocational education. Therefore precise and effective communication is inevitably demanding. Language-based educational tools in the T/C sector are generally very outdated, especially in CEEC. They exist, but their availability is often not sufficient, the content is out-of-date and its distribution is not organised satisfactorily. Majority of present study materials in T/C is at disposal only in paper form. Dictionaries that were published in 70s are already outdated, using mismatched terminology, not covering modern trends, materials and fashion. Therefore, such a professional tool (internet guide for international T/C branch) is considered extremely useful, since it helps to enhance the international co-operation on international projects in the sector.
Open and distance learning
Wholesale and Retail Trade; Repair of Motor Vehicles and Motorcycles
Other Service Activities
Information and Communication
Administrative and Support Service Activities
open and distance learning
Product information Multimedia fashion and textile guide in 5 new languages, complete visual and e-learning modules in 16 European languages, demo CDs of the multilingual guide, many thematic seminars and workshops in all partner countries, promotion articles, press releases and information in the media, project (approx. 2000 excpressions). 5 e-learning modules in all 16 languages.