Title Car Repair, Service and Retail content orientated language learning in Poland (Intercar)
Project Number 2010-1-PL1-LEO05-11556
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Project provides an innovative approach to vocational-orientated languages (DE, EN, FR) in specific area of car repair, service and retail.
Educational materials available after the end of the project:
- Interactive online learning portal with modules in EN, DE, FR (intercar.edu.pl)
- Teacher's textbook
- student's exercise book
- Technical multilingual dictionary (online and on CD)
Project aims at supporting on innovative approaches in vocationally-orientated language learning (English, German and French) in schools teaching in field of car repair, service and retail, through the transfer of existing innovative teaching methodologies used in Slovakia and in the UK, and their adaptation for the specific needs of the VET system in Poland.
Project is targeting the students of car repair, service and retail related professions in Poland and other possible language learners. Project offers access to the innovative, specialised teaching materials, that are not available in Poland at the moment.
•Interactive online portal with language learning moduls (English, German and French)
•Teacher’s textbook for vocational language learning (English, German and French)
•Student’s exercise book for vocational language learning (English, German and French)
•Technical multilingual dictionary for vocational language learning (Polish-English-German-French)
Project reacts to concrete need of lacking innovative teaching and learning materials for vocational foreign language teaching in the professions of Car repair, Service and Retail in the VET system in Poland, where currently vocational language curricula and related support didactic materials, that would be accessible for schools, do not exist. Therefore, project primarily aims at filling this gap and supporting vocationally-orientated language learning, through the transfer of existing innovative teaching approaches/online LMS platform and blended learning methodology and development of innovative learning environment with ICT-based content in the professions of Car repair, Service and Retail. Secondly, project will support the increase of the volume of co-operation between various institutions providing learning opportunities (partnership network of VET schools, public VET institution, SMEs and NGO) and in this way ensure easier and more effective transfer of already existing skills and expertise in order to reach project goals.
Following objectives have been set up in relation to achieving overall project aims:
• to provide vocational teachers and subsequently students with easy to handle, modern tool for effective and interactive language learning/LMS e-learning platform, enabling individual, individualized and differentiated teaching and learning, with the minimum of 3300 interactive exercises in vocational English, German and French.
• to provide step – by step instruction to methodology of working with specific Learning Management System with the aim to enable teachers use the system to its full potential for effective vocational foreign language teaching
• to carry out needs analysis of teachers´ that will be used as a base material for vocational language content adjustments for Poland and further transfer preparation for Hungary. For future references, research study can be used as an information resource material for VET institutions and other educational institutions actors in Poland and Hungary.
• to provide teachers with didactic tool – teaching material that does not exist at the moment on the Polish market (vocational language teaching materials related to professions of Car repair, Service and Retail, teachers´ textbook in English, German and French)
• to provide students with a tool for practical learning and language skills development (students´ exercise book related to professions of Car repair, Service and Retail, in English, German and French version)
• to provide additional teaching and learning support material to teachers and students who will be teaching and studying vocational languages (multilingual technical picture dictionary related to professions of Car repair, Service and Retail, in English, German and French)
• to use specific tools/PR materials to provide information about project to target groups and other potential beneficiaries/web pages, brochures and posters
• to provide teachers with the practical skills necessary to start using transferred and adjusted innovative tools in teaching process/teachers´ training
• to disseminate project results to broad group of potential users through expert workshop, international conference and international partnership “Intercar” network.
Open and distance learning
Wholesale and Retail Trade; Repair of Motor Vehicles and Motorcycles
open and distance learning
Learning Management System for Vocational Language Training/LMS (intercar.edu.pl)
Vocational language teachers´ textbook for Cair repair, service and retail related professions for vocational apprenticeships and secondary technical schools, in English, German and French, grades 1 – 5, language levels A1, A2, B1 of the European language framework
Vocational language Students exercise book for Car repair, service and retail related professions for vocational apprenticeships and secondary technical schools, in English, German and French, grades 1 - 5
Technical Picture Dictionary (available online (http://intercar.edu.pl/dictionary.aspx) and on CD
informational and promotional materials