Title Socially Competent Police Officers Near To the Society
Project Number 2010-1-BG1-LEO05-03096
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Through following activities the ideas, objectives and results of the project will reach not only the direct beneficiaries but also the policy makers responsible for the preparation of the Police employees, the consultants in the field of Human Resources and the wider public, interested in the development of professionalism and competences of the law enforcement employees:
conferences for presenting information about the project will be placed at the disposal of the wider public - private, public, NGOs and other professional and vocational organizations;
Presentations during the traditional annual participation activities of the Institute of Psychology in the law enforcement exhibitions 'Defense and Security' and 'Security';
Information meetings and seminars among the personnel of the Police - 7 in Bulgaria and 2 in Turkey. Web site of the project in the national languages of the partners and in English,and specially developed platform for online diagnostics of social competences.
The social skills of Police officers are among the key criteria for evaluating their professional eligibility, because their occupation requires close communication with the citizens and the institutions in their country. This is valid also for all other officers employed in other public and private law enforcement companies, external to the Ministries of Interior. The police work requirements for social competency become more and more substantial with the increasing globalization of society and the labor market.
The current project aims to create and promote an integrated system for training and development of social competencies of employees in the Police and in other public and private law enforcement institutions external to Ministries of Interior. The system will be achieved through transfer of innovative methodology from the Czech Republic to Bulgaria and Turkey.
• surveying police and law enforcement officers' needs of knowledge and skills in the field of the social competencies;
• measuring the level of development of their social skills;
• transferring soft competencies methodology to answer to the identified needs;
• creating relevant methodology for training of trainers working with police and law enforcement officers;
• creating pilot training centres in Turkey and Bulgaria for sustainable exploitation of results.
5 organizations from 3 countries, which have experience in training for development of social competencies for the Police and/or the labor market: Institute of Psychology - Ministry of Interior (MI), Bulgaria; Rustu Unsal Police Vocational College - Turkey; RPIC-ViP s.r.o. - Czech Republic; D&D Group Ltd - Bulgaria, KRATUS Ltd- Bulgaria
The expected short-term outputs of the project include:
1. A set of flexible and user-friendly on-line diagnostics tools for officers with which they can increase their self knowledge;
2. An integrated system for training and development of the social competencies of the employees in the law enforcement; branch;
3. A system for training of trainers of police and law enforcement officers;
4. Pilot training centres in Bulgaria and Turkey. In Bulgaria the pilot training centres will be designed with the perspective to become formal certification units for the whole law enforcement system.
The expected long-term outcomes of the project include:
1. Promoting the importance of and developing the social competencies of the majority of officers in the law enforcement system;
2. Building a positive image of the law enforcement system within society.
Description The current project aims to create and promote an integrated system for training and development of social competencies of employees in the Police and in other public and private law enforcement institutions external to Ministries of Interior. The system will be achieved through transfer of innovative methodology from the Czech Republic to Bulgaria and Turkey.
Utilization and distribution of results
Information and Communication
Other Service Activities
transparency and certification
material for open learning
program or curricula
Product information The product is an integrated system for research, analysis and development of key social competencies, developed for the labor market in its widest meaning. It includes a list of 14 key competencies and training programs for each of these competencies. There is a tool for online assessment, which evaluates the level of development of each competency and determines the need of training. The final products contain all the requirable guides and informational materials for training of trainers and for implementation of this system.