Title Agro MACVET – Mult Actor Cooperation for Vocational Education and Training in the Agro-food Sector
Project Number 2008-1-GR1-LEO04-00281-11
Product www.agro-net.eu - Agro MAC VET - Multi Actors Cooperation for Vocational Education Training in Agro and rural business development
Title www.agro-net.eu - Agro MAC VET - Multi Actors Cooperation for Vocational Education Training in Agro and rural business development
Product Type website
The current European socio-economic situation and Agricultural Policy requires skilled individuals to work efficiently and ecologically in the various fields of agriculture. It is also well documented that there is no common (European) vocational education and training approach and certification, at a non – university level, for farmers who are or intending to start agricultural business.
The aim of this project is to provide a framework in order to resolve this shortcoming by taking a multi-actor (university – enterprise-stakeholders) approach and to create tools applicable to vocational education & training institutions, and also to SMEs and individuals (farmers). In this framework both the existing work force and the upcoming farmers can be trained and certified in the areas of contemporary agriculture, environment and the production of “healthy and safe” food, not excluding the financial guidelines for startup business.
1. Identification/ analysis of the training needs and the existing opportunities at national and European level, in relation with the applied laws and EU directives.
2. Construction of a website containing a data base on Lifelong Learning opportunities throughout Europe. The website will be the “liaison” between partners for communication and project organization issues.
3. Integration and dissemination of collected the data, eg data provided by:
- CEDEFOP (European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training)
- PLOTEUS (Portal on Learning Opportunities throughout E.U.)
- National Training Organizations of participating countries.
4. Development of a generally recognized as minimum (GRAM) Curriculum of agricultural vocational training, required for all professionals (farmers), seeking certification.
5. Proposal of a framework for a vocational training recognition and certification at national and European levels. Cooperation with the EUROPASS authorities and the EQF (European Qualifications Framework).
6. Creation of a Guide of Good Practice based on case studies, developed by small European agricultural enterprises and applied at a transnational level (at least one per participating country). This guide will be accessible on the AGRO-MACVET site (intranet) and will be also available /distributed on a multimedia form if needed.
7. Development of a transnational Compendium of potential trainers, with specializations and scientific / technological qualifications, in line with the GRAM Curriculum. These trainers will be approached also, as potential authors of the foreseen training material (to be provided also at the AGRO-MACVET intranet site).
Target group Vocational education & training institutions, SMEs and individuals (farmers). Entrepreneurs willing to start-up agro-business.
The Agro – MACVET website
A GRAM Curriculum for farmers
A Guide of good practice of EU farms
A Compendium for the AGRO – MACVET trainers and Training Institutions
A Report/ Proposal to LLP and the EU authorities for the certification of farmers according to the EQF.
Area of application Agriculture in general.
Product Languages English