Title European quality Management
Project Number A/03/B/F/PP-158.027
Product EQM-PD Curriculum
Title EQM-PD Curriculum
Product Type program or curricula
The curriculum EQM-PD provides a specific qualification for professionals working directly with persons with disability. It is the goal of EQM-PD to give profound information about concrete processes which increase the quality of life for persons with disability.
EQM-PD focuses on activities and processes by the professionals in order to assist persons with disability in defined domains of assistance. These areas are
- assistance at work
- assistance concerning leisure-time activities
- assistance concerning further education
- assistance concerning living-conditions
- assistance concerning counselling
- Professionals who are working in direct (front-line) contact with people with disability.
- Professionals (except concerning the module â€œworkâ€?) who work with persons with mild intellectual disability
- Professionals who provide assistance in the following areas: â€œworkâ€?, â€œleisure-timeâ€?, â€œfurther educationâ€?, â€œlivingâ€? and/or â€œcounsellingâ€?
- Professionals who are able to cope with questionnaires and/or online-assessment tools
The professionals will increase their competences within the curriculum by 3 steps:
a) reflection on own quality criteria (personal, institutional)
b) information about state-of ï¿½the art approaches
c) Concrete assessment of their own activities by means of self-evaluation based on the assessment instrument.
Participants who successfully passed the curriculum will be enabled to
a) focus on observable concrete activities which increase the quality of life for persons with disability in concrete situations
b) focus on the needs of the clients within identified situations
c) to define and identify concrete activities which increase the quality of life for persons with disability
d) evaluate own assistance and reflect on possible changes in order to increase the quality of the service-provision.
Area of application
If we understand service provision for people with disability as a contribution towards participation, we have to focus on those areas, where people with disability still are in danger to be excluded from participation:
This includes the aspects of
- how to contribute to oneâ€™s own self esteem and to the society by means of (paid) work
- how to use and enjoy the time apart form work (= leisure time)
- how to be able to develop oneâ€™s perspectives, interests and skills (=further education)
- how to arrange oneâ€™s own the living condition in terms of autonomy and self determination
- how to get help and support, if it is needed.
Even though the landscape of professional training in Europe is heterogeneous (e.g. in Austria 698 different courses are offered) most of the training facilities
- are often based on mere learning catalogues and
- can be regarded ï¿½more or lessï¿½ integrative
- can be assessed as primarily medicine-focused
However, at least in Austria, there could be observed a national tendency, to define minimal standards for professionals, working in the social field:
- basic level: assistance within the care-process: 200 units theory and 200 units practice
- level of qualified social care-givers: 1200 units theory and 1200 units of practice in the field of
assisting persons with higher age
assisting persons with disability
accompanying persons with disability
- of social workers with diploma (1.800 units theory and 1.800 units practice)
EQM-PD is based on basic education of professionals in the field of disability. EQM-PD cannot replace basic training issues and/or legal regulations. EQM-PD focuses on the quality of the concrete work in concrete relevant areas of persons with disability and therefore can be regarded as a complementary system to ensure the quality of the concrete assistance process.
The curriculum can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org
Availability in three languages: german, english, slovak