Title Speak up, facilitating mobility of European workers by the use of professional languages.
Project Number 2010-1-ES1-LEO05-21227
Project Type Projets de transfert d'innovation
Marketing Text The Speak Up! project is a contribution to the improvement of workers mobility capacity across Europe through an online platform which facilitates the learning in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish of the vocabulary, expressions and key notions of the professions of welder, solar panel installer, specialist of ecological agriculture, winemaker, kitchen assistant, waiter, housekeeper, hotel receptionist, aircraft mechanic and aircraft electronics technician.
Different studies point out the need existing in different European countries for a migration workforce, making European countries opening more and more their labour market to people from other EU countries.
But European mobility is limited in a great extent by the diversity of languages across the EU. Workers need to know words, professional vocabulary, commonly used expressions and practical information concerning labour regulations, contracts, etc., to get adapted and integrated in any labour context in a different country.
For this purpose, the Speak Up! project has created a multilingual online platform that enables workers from all around Europe to learn the professional vocabulary, expressions and key notions of 10 different occupations developed in 6 languages.
The project has built its pedagogical approach on the basis of previous Leonardo da Vinci projects: “Les mots pour construire” and “Constructor 2000”, both focused on the construction and building sector. The new Methodology developed in the project are transferable to any other professional sector.
The Speak Up! project is a contribution to the improvement of the employability and the mobility of European workers through the development of:
1. A multilingual platform that enables the learning of the vocabulary, expressions and key concepts of 10 professions in 6 European languages.
2. A methodological guide for the development of learning resources focused on the acquisition of vocabulary, expressions and key concepts in the mentioned languages, that can be applied to any other professional sectors.
The partners of the project are:
P0: Agencia Servicio Andaluz de Empleo (Spain)
P1: Fondo Formación Zona Mediterránea (Spain)
P2: Centro Europeu de Linguas (Portugal)
P3: Arbeit und Leben Hambourg e.v (Germany)
P4: Foyle Language School (United Kingdom)
The project was developed with the following workplan:
- WP1 Definition of project methodology: methodological conception and establishment of technical specifications for the online platform.
- WP2. Development of the online platform and design of the contents for the different learning materials.
- WP3. Production of the different learning materials and translation into the different languages.
- WP4. Testing and validation of learning resources.
- WP5. Dissemination and promotion of the products.
Utilisation et diffusion de résultats
Marché du travail
Formation tout au long de la vie
Formation ouverte et à distance
Accès pour les personnes moins favorisées
Hébergement et Restauration
Agriculture, Sylviculture et Pêche
Matériel pour l'enseignement
Enseignement à distance
The project results are:
1. An online platform which enables European workers to learn in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish, the professional vocabulary, expressions and key notions of the following professions:
Solar panel installer
Specialist of ecological agriculture
Aircraft electronics technician.
2. A methodological guide which is based on the approach that has been used in the Speak Up! online free access multilingual platform, and which can be utilised for other professions.