Title European credit point system for Vocational Training
Project Number 191177-LLP-1-2010-1-DE-LEONARDO-ECVET
Project Type Development of Innovation
Country EU-Centralised Projects
Marketing Text The aim of the project is the development of an ECVET- System for Vocational Training. All types of learning will be considered and creditable learning outcomes will be recognized via CEMES- competence evaluation platform according to the qualification and emphasis of learning outcomes.
The implementation of ECVET is an extensive objective and requires the parallel dealing with geared work packages.
The overlapping and interference of needed competences and skills require and enable the recognition and assessment of learning outcomes.
The new-developing ECVET- System ought to apply for Vocational Training and consider all types of learning.
The selected 6 qualifications overlap in the training contents. There are selected qualifications of the commercial and IT area, where the informal and non-formal learning are exemplary.
Each qualification will be described by outcome oriented descriptions, divided into competences, skills, and knowledge. These descriptions will be entered into the online based CEMES – competence evaluation platform. The generating of learning outcome description for partial qualifications or informal/non-formal learning becomes possible.
Further major outcomes are a method to determine credit points, a method to attribute credit points considering the emphasis of learning outcomes in different contexts and a prototype of an internet-based platform to support ECVET processes in Europe.
The sustainability of the project is given by the combination of competence evaluation method and ECVET- processes.
The project is structured by following work packages (WP):
WP 1: Intial phase
The aims are a confirmed working plan, a well- working team, and the conclusion of the partner contracts
WP 2: Analyses
Analyses of the current situation to determine the “State of the art”
WP 3: Description of learning units
Development of outcome-oriented descriptions for 6 qualifications
WP 4: Evaluation, Validation, Accumulation and Recognition of learning outcomes
Development of a competence evaluation system by using CEMES- platform for ECVET-processes
WP 5: Development of a method to allocate ECVET credit points
Key question: Which features determine a reasonable number of credit points considering different qualifications and emphasis of learning outcomes?
WP 6: Development of program tools and aids
Development of program tools (1)to generate learning outcome descriptions of learning efficiency of a partial qualification and informal/non-formal learning as well as (2) to deduce credit points.
WP 7: Test phase
The interaction and matching of the system and the developed products will be tested.
WP 8: Exploitation
WP 9: project management
WP 10: Dissemination/ public relations
The consortium uses the own network for the dissemination and publications from the national agency and plans directed activities of public relations.
WP 11: Evaluation/quality management
Recognition, transparency, certification
Utilization and distribution of results
Administrative and Support Service Activities
Information and Communication
transparency and certification
1. Description of learning outcomes
- Outcome-oriented descriptions of 6 qualifications, divided into competence area, competences, skills, and knowledge and grouped into units
- Implementation of the learning outcome descriptions into the CEMES database
- Development of a program to generate learning outcome descriptions for partial qualifications and informal/non-formal learning
2. Evaluation, validation & recognition
- Design of test questions and assessment scenarios for selected qualifications
- Implementation of these test elements into CEMES platform
- Development of evaluation regulations
3. Determination & Attribution of credit points
- a developed Method to determine & attribute credit points considering validated learning outcomes & the emphasis in different contexts including first tests
-Development of program modules for the CEMES- platform to determine credit points
4. Web-based ECVET-Platform
- Prototype of a web-based platform to support and administrate ECVET processes in Europe, realised by applying the CEMES - competence evaluation platform
- Proposal of implemented methods, aims and tools
- Compilation of a catalog of requirements for future web-based solutions to support the evaluation, validation und recognition of ECVET credit points
5. Development of strategies for transnational collaboration
- Recommendation to develop a transnational network to implement ECVET
- Network of European partners