Title FIT-MNG: ENHANCING NON-PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCES OF MANAGERS TO BETTER PERFORM AT WORK AND REDUCE WORKPLACE ABSENCE
Project Number 510709-LLP-1-2010-1-ES-LEONARDO-LMP
Project Type Development of Innovation
Country EU-Centralised Projects
Marketing Text This project will develop a Training Programme to help managers how to develop non-professional competences.
The Managerial Community broadly accepts that business success is the result of professional and non-professional competences. Being fit, healthy (physically and mentally) and well-feed contributes to perform well on managerial position and better adapt to an increasingly challenged business environment.
The development of those non-professional competences is not an easy task. The relatively new “Business Coaching” has achieved a considerable success in improving the business effectiveness through the enhancement of professional competences.
However, and despite current research trends, there is not a systematic and integrated training to teach managers how to develop non-professional competences.
1. Develop a Training Programme to help managers how to develop non-professional competences
2. Train a seminal group of trainers-coachers on delivering the Training Programme.
3. A first generation of trainers equipped with the abilities to devise a Training Programme to develop the non-professional competences of managers.
4. A tested group of managers with a certificate on developing non-professional skills.
1. Reduce the absenteeism, staff turnover, deterioration of individual relations within companies and working teams.
2. Qualified professionals with new learning abilities to adapt themselves to job market and develop new qualifications.
The project aims to reduce the effect of stress at work through the development of an innovative training programme on how to teach managers (middle managers and executives) to deal with stress.
To achieve this aim, the project will pursue the following objectives:
- Analysing the state of the art around the stress at work effects and needs.
- Designing aa training programme that meet the manager's needs, depart from current research and address the effects of stress at work.
- Testing the training programme on final users (middle managers and executives) and future trainers.
- Identifying further steps for the project and setting up and online network- community on the topic.
Open and distance learning
Activities of Extraterritorial Organisations and Bodies
Financial and Insurance Activities
Transportation and Storage
Electricity, Gas, Steam and Air Conditioning Supply
Mining and Quarrying
Administrative and Support Service Activities
Wholesale and Retail Trade; Repair of Motor Vehicles and Motorcycles
Water Supply; Sewerage, Waste Management and Remediation Activities
Accommodation and Food Service Activities
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Human Health and Social Work Activities
Other Service Activities
Information and Communication
Arts, Entertainment and Recreation
program or curricula
open and distance learning
Product information This project aims to develop a Training Programme that makes medium managers and low executives benefit from a tested product that will help them to develop non-professional competences in HEALTH-SPORT-NUTRITION-ATTITUDES.