Title Education and Training in Fuel Cell-Heaters
Project Number DE/10/LLP-LdV/TOI/147338
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text Fuel cell technology is a new technology and still little-known. Further information and provision of training offers for fuel cell usage and applications are required. To close the informational and educational gap, didactic materials for the target group of “disseminators“ (teachers and trainers) were designed and developed.
Central to the project for education and training in fuel cell-heaters was that a usable module “fuel cell-heaters“ be developed. Fuel cell-heaters are the most effective
form of combined heat and power (CHP). In the CHP process, a defined amount of useful energy requires a lot less primary energy and also high efficiency rates cause less CO2 to be emitted. Qualified professionals are required for the implementation of this technology. The module “Fuel cell-heaters“ can be found in the curriculum framework alongside the previously designed basic and bridging modules. Qualifications and competencies have been identified for the sale, installation and ongoing operation of fuel cell-heaters.
The objectives of the project are as follows:
1) To provide the target group of “disseminators“ with the topics, content, materials and media for education and training in fuel cell-heaters. Provision of training must be offered no later than the commencement of market entry. Development is based on the gradual approach of the curriculum “fuel cell-heaters“ which is rounded off and completed with the application module.
2) Transfer of the programme in the participating partner countries involved in the project should take account of local circumstances. In EU countries there are specific conditions for vocational eduation and training as well as for industry and the professions. Thus partners need to adapt the application module in the technical, methodological and organisational spheres.
3) An additional objective ( as a result of the two previous projects) is the pedagogical evaluation on introducing a technical innovation. To date Leonardo da Vinci has assisted in monitoring and documenting at every stage from a pedagogical standpoint, the development and introduction of the innovative “fuel cell-heater“. Accordingly, a study on the contribution to the theory of vocational education in the development and introduction of the technological innovation fuel “cell-heaters“ has been compiled.
4) The homepage "www.fuelcellknowhow.com" describes both the process of developing the application module as well as documenting the relationship of the basic, bridging and application modules.
The product impact is as follows:
- As a central feature in crafts education the “customer order “ has stabilized and finds more and more approval within the European countries.
- Because of the demand regarding fuel cell heaters, the vocational and further education is also in demand. Hereunto a wide range of materials according education on fuel cell heaters is available now. They where developed under recognizing the actual vocational-pedagogical standards and the multimedia possibilities.
- It is presented understandably, how the implementing of the innovative fuel cell technology was promoted by the vocational pedagogical measures.
Generally, it is to assume that the time of using fuel cells on a grand scale is still to come. With the ZuHause-products a sustainable offer is available for the vocational and further education.
Electricity, Gas, Steam and Air Conditioning Supply
Activities of Households as Employers; Undifferentiated Goods- and Services-Producing Activities of Households for Own Use
description of new occupation profiles
procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
material for open learning
Product information Training courses for qualification in the field of fuel cell-heaters have been compiled.