Title Multifunctional Agriculture In Europe - Social and Ecological Impacts on Organic Farms
Project Number 510142-LLP-1-2010-1-DE-LEONARDO-LNW
Product Transnational Competence Center and National Competence Centres
Title Transnational Competence Center and National Competence Centres
Product Type distribution methods
Transnational Competence Center – International Network Platform and Competence Center for Social Farming provides a platform for linking the stakeholders in social farming. As a result of the MAiE project research institutes, educational establishments and associations from Italy, Finland, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Portugal, the Netherlands and Germany have raised the topic of social farming to a European level, established and consolidated networks at national and international level and exchanged their experiences. The network of project partners forms a stable basis for the European network activities.
The competence centres for Social Farming in Europe act regionally at a national level. The MAiE project partners from Finland, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Portugal, Italy, the Netherlands and Germany provide advice and networking centres for social farming and their contact data are available at www.maie-project.eu.
The Transnational Competence Center aims to create the opportunity to establish contacts throughout Europe and to learn from each other in order to advance the movement for social farming at a national as well as international level. The MAiE project web-page has been transformed into Transnational Virtual Center.
The national competence centres for Social Farming in Europe acting regionally at a national level in partner countries have different functions and aims, depending on the needs in different parts of Europe and also within the different regions of a country. The range of functions may cover the following topics:
• Networking amongst the stakeholders in Social Farming at regional and national level,
• Dissemination of information about social farming,
• Raising awareness in the institutions involved in social work and political lobby groups on the added value of social farming,
• Provision and distribution of the framework syllabus for qualification in "Social Farming" and appropriate materials and
• Support for networking at the European level.
- Professionals from farmers’ associations
- Organisations/associations, institutions and professionals in the agricultural, social, justice, health and education sectors,
- Policy makers in the health, education, agricultural, justice and social policy sectors
- Transnational Competence Center – International Network Platform and Competence Center for Social Farming
- National Competence Centre for Social Farming in Europe
Area of application Transnational Competence Center and National Competence Centres provide a platform for linking, networking and advising the stakeholders and organisations/associations/institutions involved in social farming.