Title GALAXIES Gender GuidAnce pathways in Education and Vocational Training Systems for free seXIsm choicES
Project Number 2009-1-IT1-LEO05-00200
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text A gender approach to carry out guidance in the education and vocational training systems
Galaxies was aimed to adapt the best practices GALAXY carried out in a previous Leonardo project in order to deepen the analysis of gender-specific guidance in the field of education and training.
Galaxies was developed in three phases:
The first phase focuses on a literature review of political attitudes on gender in schools and training centers in the country partners.
The second phase of the adaptation and application of the "product" in the previous Galaxy projects identified as good practice developed and aligned. The adaptation was developed as a result of the contributions collected in the first phase, and what came out of the cross-country comparison. Content, methods, languages, technology: The adjustment has been associated.
The third phase of the transmission and examination of all the partners in the countries of the final "product" focus. The experiments were performed in vocational training institutions with young people (14-20 years) performed involved. Main objectives of this phase were:
- Integration of training of trainers running methods and tools such as integrated components of the orientation activities within the training institutions of the Company and its affiliated networks;
- Increase teachers and trainers / consultants in vocational skills orientation with respect to gender differences and stereotypes;
- Raising awareness of gender issues in all professional profiles involved in counseling for young people;
- Spread a culture of gender orientation in young students, especially those called to a choice over the training and the integration must be provided in the labor market;
- A systematic approach, such as a widespread practice in career counseling and vocational training institutions in the partner countries.
Galaxies project was aimed to:
• Improve the training needs of teachers and trainers in vocational education on gender-integrated orientation;
• Integration of training pathways original tools and materials to better target these programs to those of the teacher / trainer / consultant in the system of vocational education;
• Development of tools to support joint training;
• Conduct training on the testing platform of open and distance learning as well as conferences and workshops to exchange experiences between training providers to share and get support alignment;
• Test of the "gender-sensitiveguidance pathway" with students aged 14-20 years, in those moments when they find the training or job;
• Insert the adapted good practice in schools and training centers involved in the partnership
Utilization and distribution of results
Open and distance learning
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
material for open learning
procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
description of new occupation profiles
open and distance learning
- Training pathway for teachers / guidance counselors working in the vocational education system focused to acquire a gender perspective in the guidance activity
- CD-ROM with learning/guidance pathway
- Trainers' for the trainers Guidelines and end-user Guidelines ("Help Desk")
- Distance Learning Platform implemented
- Good practice integrated in the vocational and education programs related to the schools and organizations / institutions of the Partnership networks