Title European Qualification for Occupational Safety and Health professionals - EUSAFE
Project Number 510362-LLP-1-2010-1-IT-LEONARDO-LMP
Product A Review of the provision of education and training for OSH professionals within the European Union (WP3)
Title A Review of the provision of education and training for OSH professionals within the European Union (WP3)
The analysis was required to undertake a review of the existing provision of education and training across the member states of the European Union using the EQF as a guideline for allocating estimated academic levels of study.
This project has determined the existing state of education across EU states and highlighted the differences and similarities between the existing systems. Analysis of the results shows that a harmonized approach would be an important step forward in developing a standardized qualification for Safety Practitioners within Europe.
The overall impression is that the EU has a well-developed occupational safety and health education system across most of the member states but that this education needs to be harmonized to ensure that recognition of this education by other countries within the EU is fair and equitable and does not disadvantage practitioners in companies which operate in several member states.
The research activities undertaken to draw up the present report were directed to:
- evaluate the current provision of education across the member states, which would be used in a later part of the project when conclusions relating to a recommendation for a common standard were complete;
- produce a comprehensive review of the information elicited during the research and present it in an easily read format for users of the report and other interested parties;
- collaborate with institutions from across the EU to verify the validity of the information determined;
- analyse the findings of the research against the criteria for the European Safety Manager (EurOSHM) and European Safety Technician (EurOSHT) standards developed by the European Network of Safety and Health Professional Organisations (ENSHPO) and to allocate appropriate EQF levels.
- determine the requirements for health and safety practice in EU member states where specific legislative conditions apply.
Target group Policy makers (regulators, employers’ association, trade union organisation), OSH professionals, training and education providers.
- Information related to specific countries
- EurOSHM and EurOSHT standards
- Analysis of OSH Education Provision in the EU
- Analysis of the regulated qualification requirements
- Contact details for responding organisations
Area of application The current country reports are a valuable tool in expediting the development of a standardized qualification for Safety Practitioners as they do reflect a good position statement of the existing education processes.
Product Languages English