Project Type Innovationstransfer
Marketing Text Durch neue Informationstechnologien haben sich Trainingsmethoden verändert und entsprechend auch die Rolle von Lehrern und Trainern. Dies hat eintscheidende Auswirkungen auf das Sprachen Lehren und Lernen. Mehrsprachigkeit wird zunehmend wichtig, um den Anforderungen von sozialen und wirtschaftlichen Systemen mit wachsenden internationalen Berufsprofilen gerecht zu werden. Das LeTS GO Projekt hat zum Ziel, die praktische Anwendung des LeTS Portals zu fördern und dabei neue Technologien zum Sprachenlehren und –lernen anzuwenden.
New information technologies have changed training methodologies, introducing elements of innovation that have redrawn the role of teachers and trainers. This context, valid in general, is even more relevant in language teaching and training. Multilingual skills, in fact, are increasingly important to avoid exclusion from the dynamics of a social and economic system with increasing international vocation.
The Leonardo project entitled LeTS identified three core skills necessary for teachers / trainers wishing to make efficient use of new technologies for language teaching and training.
These are the skills to:
1. choose quality language teaching products identifying those that best meet specific educational needs.
2. use the products available either as an alternative or as integration of traditional methodologies.
3. create educational and training products that exploit the potential of new technologies.
The project Lets Go responded to the needs outlined above, implementing the portal developed during the Lets project in order to transfer its contents to new target groups in new geographical area: Secondary school teachers and vocational trainers in Italy, Germany, Spain, Poland and Romania.
The project objective were to make available, for the identified target group, a training package, based on a blended learning approach, to permit to language teachers and trainers to develop the skills to select, use effectively, create e-learning based language learning products.
Upgrade and expansion of products and services available on the LeTS portal
Organisation of training courses for teachers and trainers on the application of e-leaning in languages teaching. The courses have been held in blended learning mode, alternating distance learning and classroom based training.
Organisation of a distance cooperative learning experience among the teachers and trainers of 5 different European countries involved in the training activities.
Coordination of the activity of creation, by the beneficiaries of the training activities, of e-learning based language training modules
Promotion of the insertion of the Lets portal in the public and private education and training systems at national level.
Activities of dissemination, sustainability, evaluation of the project
1. The LeTS portal being upgraded and expanded.
2. Acquisition of new skills by teachers and trainers who learnt to select, effectively use and create e-learning based language learning packages.
3. New language learning products created by the teachers and trainers involved in the LeTS Go project training initiative.
4. Testing of the LeTS Portal by:
- 100 trainers in 5 European countries
- 200 secondary school teachers in 5 European countries
4. Creation of two transnational networks for cooperative online learning consisting of 300 among teachers and trainers.
The advent of new information and communication technologies has created new teaching and learning methods putting the traditional role of the teacher and trainer up for discussion.
The main objective of the LeTS GO project, been financed by the European Commission and the Italian National Agency in the framework of the Lifelong Learning Programme (Leonardo – Transfer of Innovation), was to promote the practical experimentation of the LeTS Portal (http://www.leonardo-lets.net) and therefore to update language trainers and teachers competences giving them the essential skills for offering quality language training, which is characterised by a high degree of flexibility and personalisation and that is delivered through the efficient application of ICT.
The LeTS GO project therefore had the aim to give language trainers and teachers who work in the professional training sector the skills for:
• identifying, evaluating and selecting the best e-learning products and methodologies for the teaching/learning of a foreign language in a professional context.
• using e-learning products and methodologies efficiently for the teaching/learning of foreign languages in a professional context, both as an alternative and integration to traditional training methodologies.
• creating their own e-learning courses for the teaching/learning in a “professional” context.
Erziehung und Unterricht
Erbringung von Freiberuflichen, Wissenschaftlichen und Technischen Dienstleistungen
The didactical resources created in the framework of the LeTS Project and improved in the framework of the LeTS GO Project are available on the LeTS Portal (http://www.leonardo-lets.net/):
1) Four On-line training courses on the following themes:
a. Introduction to e-Learnig.
b. Research and Evaluation of e-Learning Material for Language Teaching and Learning.
c. Effective use of e-Learning products for Language Learning.
d. Development of e-Learning Materials for Language Learning: Methodologies and Techniques.
2) On-line database of products for the teaching and learning of 20 European languages in a professional context
3) On-line database of e-learning experiences carried out by language trainers and teachers.
4) On-line availability of an Interactive form for the evaluation of e-learning products and technologies for language learning