Title Pro Deaf Toolkit
Project Number 509903-2010-LLP-FR-LEONARDO-LMP
Project Type Développement d'innovation
Country EU-Projets centralisés
Pro Deaf Toolkit is an innovation project in continuing professional development, there being no other example in the EU. To help the public and businesses to meet the requirements of anti-discrimination laws our consortium seeks solutions to put in place the teaching and knowledge needed to adress the needs of deaf and hearing impaired people in society.
Therefore, to develop opportunity and accessibility for deaf and hearing impaired people in the public domain and world of work, we aim to develop a toolkit and guidelines for employers and employees to address these issues.
- Meet the needs of accessibility for deaf and hearing impaired people across Europe.
- Develop awareness, professional knowledge and skills across public and business sectors and provide equal opportunities for deaf and hearing impaired people.
- Enable deaf and hearing impaired people to be active European citizens.
The majority of the project's partners are part of the network HIPEN. HIPEN (Hearing Impairment Professional European Network) is a network of European partners all working in the field of education and training for deaf and hearing impaired people. HIPEN carried out surveys (2008/2009) in the partner's countries in Europe in order to investigate the situation of deaf and hearing impaired people in society and in employment. These surveys indicate:
- Little or no training, or at best inadequate training, of people to meet the needs of deaf and hearing impaired people in public services, employment, and in most of society.
- Little or no understanding by the public of the needs of people who are deaf or hearing impaired, and that services and businesses are unaware of how to deal with their hearing impaired or deaf clients and employees.
- That deaf and hearing impaired people face barriers to communication and no understanding by services and employers.
This project therefore seeks to address these issues and at the same time to respond to recent EU legislation of equality and anti-discrimination and to enforce policy in members' states.
This project aims to bridge the worlds of deaf and hearing through innovation in all domains. It will, at the same time, develop intercultural and interpersonal competencies which are vital to equip individuals to participate in an effective and constructive way in a social and working life.
The project will not only address the needs of practitioners and policymakers, but it will also affect a wider audience. Attention will also be paid to the general public by providing learner-focused modules that are based on the learners' own context and culture and also be relevant for a wider audience. The opportunity will be developed by this Europe-wide initiative to make a greater impact and gain wider recognition for deaf and hearing impaired people.
Description This Leonardo da Vinci, development of innovation aims at facilitating the participation of health, education, administartion and social sectors receiving public audience in their need to be accesible to hearing impaired people. In both way, ProDeafToolkit will give the possibility to those sectors to work with population with special need and by the same way to give the opportunity to hearing impaired people to be independent and to be actor as citizens.
Accès pour les personnes moins favorisées
Égalité des chances
Formation tout au long de la vie
Formation ouverte et à distance
Activités de Services Administratifs et de Soutien
Santé Humaine et Action Sociale
Information et Communication
-Design and production of film, CD-ROMs, DVDs as Project outcomes
-Spoken language and interpretation to ensure the accessibility of materials