Project Type Other EU-Projects
Individual Participation Not possible
Country EU-Centralised Projects
Marketing Text SEALLL is a Grundtvig project and aims to improve the quality of teaching and learning and the quality of organisation and management in LLL by promoting and supporting self-evaluation. The project wants to help all 'players' in LLL-organisations self-evaluate their teaching, learning and management.
SEALLL focuses on self-evaluation as a learning process and the partnership is convinced that a culture of self-evaluation and quality care and ownership of processes and outcomes are vital for an evaluation process to have a chance to lead to change. Therefore a bottom up approach and guiding the 'initiators' in the process of conducting their own evaluation is the lead motive of SEALLL.
The SEALLL partnership sees self-evaluation as an evaluation process that is self-initiated, internally organised and self-regulated. It should aim at the professionalisation of decision-making, and improving the realisation of the organisation's own objectives and the quality of its education.
Description The tool created in the project starts from a modular framework where 'self-evaluation as a dialogue in a multiplayer situation' will be the key-concept. A dialogue between staff, teachers and learners within the institution and a dialogue between the institution and relevant external actors will be the starting point for SE.
Recognition, transparency, certification
material for open learning
Via the project website you can find:
- Guidelines for introducing self-evaluation in your organisation (manual download in .pdf in seven languages from the project website)
- Some theory on the SEALLL approach to self-evaluation
- A format for starting processes of self-evaluation and creating your own instruments
- Examples of self-evaluation processes in a wide range of LLL settings, ordered according to initiator and subject.
- The consortium still organises Grundtvig courses on the theme of this project. Please check the Grundtvig course database.