Title EDDILI – Educate is to make possible the discovery of life
Project Number 502999-LLP-1-2009-1-IT-GRUNDTVIG-GMP
Project Type Other EU-Projects
Individual Participation Not possible
EDDILLI is the result of cooperation between seven organizations from six European countries in the field of adult education. Following the social and educational work of Danilo Dolci, the international partnership aims to develop and share together the reciprocal maeutic approach (RMA) of Danilo Dolci as an educational approach to be used in the field of training of adult learning staff.
EDDILI will provide a frame for mutual reflection and dialogue, which might serve the goal of exchange of practice and know-how and will involve adult learning staff, organizations, universities, experts in the fields and all the people interested.
This project born from the increased experience of the Centre for Creative Development Danilo Dolci in the use of the Reciprocal Maieutic Approach (RMA) and the statement that this is a strong educational methodology capable of improving the competencies, knowledge and attitudes in diverse areas such life-skills, social competencies, participation, social and human values. Since 10 years the coordinator uses this method with diverse targets (teachers, adults, youth, children) but it needs an European dimension that we would like to develop by experimenting it at European level. Main aims are to increase the quality of the training delivered to ALS through the use of the RMA. In an indirect way we expect to contribute to increase the quality of the education delivered to adults (AL). Specific objectives of rthe project are: to share with partners the RMA; to support ALS to learn transversal knowledge, skills and attitudes through the RMA; to increase the quality of learning contexts of ALS; to make possible that ALS gain new knowledge, skills and attitudes; to encourage ALS to create a network.
TARGET: Adult learning staff (ALS)
NEEDS ADDRESSED: Need to improve competencies of ALS: ability to work in groups, creative and social competences, understanding of pedagogical aspects (learned centred approach), empathy, critical attitude, intercultural knowledge and skills (ALPINE, p. 123), nonviolent communication, conflict resolution, etc.
There are diverse activities foresee throughout the project life and which contribute to achieve the planned results.
- An initial international training for trainers (trainers of ALS) about the reciprocal maieutic approach.
- On a second moment and during 6 months those trainers will deliver a training course to ALS. The main educational approach used by trainers will be the RMA. The course foresee: on-line modules, in-presence modules and international seminar.
- After the course will be created a prototype of the RMA.
- In the meantime ALS will have to put in practice the new learning achievements in their daily practice with adult learners in order to proceed with the evaluation of the impact of the method.
- After the evaluation of impact will be created the final version of RMA.
- If the results of the evaluation of impact reveal aspects that have to be improved will be created a working group aimed to work on the prototype version considering the results of the evaluation. This way can be developed an improved final version of RMA.
RESULTS: RMA manual, training modules, self-learning modules, website with chat open to new users. Moreover, an European network of ALS will be established, with the aim of exchanging of practice and know-how.
EXPECTED IMPACT: ALS new knowledge, skills and attitudes (empathy, intercultural knowledge and skills, etc)consortia – increased experience, new partnershipsAL – new knowledge, skills and attitudes (participation, self-confidence, cooperation, etc)local communities – intercultural awareness, knowledge of European Programmes, etc