Title Sustainable Development – European Vocational Training for Potential producers of Ecological Furniture or Components managers. Future life-style. SD-ECOFURNITURE
Project Number LLP/LDV/TOI/2009/RO/011
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The sustainable development plays a key role in society in all UE countries. The background of project comes from objectives of Romanian National Strategy for Sustainable Development (NDDS) Horizons 2013-2020-2030:
- develop human capital and increase competitiveness by linking education and life-long learning to the labour market
- Creation of knowledge by obtaining cutting-edge scientific and technological results, increasing the international visibility of Romanian research, promoting the transfer of results into the economy and society.
These objectives concluded to build a strong partnership between Romanian organizations and main actors in the field of research and education from Europe
European added value:
- Final outcome – new qualification and training certification in eco-furniture field
- Create the background for sustainable development in all areas: environmental, economic and social.
- Diffusion the results in Europe
- Quality results in line with quality of consortium and their knowledge
Summary The project aim is transfer of innovation from the research sector to training sector through third transfer: from research sector to training sector in Romania and UE countries through the research project Romanian “Research concerning establishing of criteria’s and prescriptions necessary for manufacturing ecological furniture in conformity with the exigency requested by European and international standards and direction”; transfer knowledge and materials among the partner's countries and to UE; transfer methodologies and innovative practices in the field of vocational education for design an intensive vocational training necessary to improving the knowledge, skills and competencies of furniture and components managers from UE countries in order to produce ecological products. Introduce this new certification to vocational training centres and universities.
The project work packages refer to:
- Identify the requirements refers to lack of competencies and the level of knowledge in the ecological furniture field.
- Elaborate a job benchmark description and design the curriculum which will respond to identified required skills;
- Approach the adequate methodologies for certification rules: approve candidates, test and evaluate them in order to certificate their knowledge.
- Pilot certification of a least 15 managers from Romania and 3 managers from each partner country for testing the efficiency of obtaining results
- Establish the modalities for integrates the new vocational training to European Level assuring the transparency and recognition of qualification.
Considering the companies’ needs to produce ecological furniture and to have managers which can accomplish with this, results the importance of the project aim and objectives previous described. So, the development of a new product implies a strong need to qualified managers in the labour market.
Utilization and distribution of results
Recognition, transparency, certification
Open and distance learning
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
description of new occupation profiles
program or curricula
material for open learning
transparency and certification
Product information The qualification “SD manager for furniture or components” represents the tool for changing the company organization in a sustainable way. The training courses provide the information requested by a SD manager for action in a durable development. He will be capable to describe the company policy and strategies and collaborate with other manager for implement them. Some topics that will be developed into our European training course are: The new territorial management (local resources, short supply routes); Human resources management regarding to Social Responsibility of the Enterprises (safety, training, employee, etc.); Production management and manufacturing processes with regards to environmental issues (planning of treatments, water treatment system, etc.) safety issues (protect from dust); quality and standards required, marketing for improving the capacity to sell the new ecological product, etc.