Title Lepex- In company LEarning Process EXpert
Project Number LLP-LDV/TOI/2007/IT/186
Product Lepex- In Company learning Processes Expert
Title Lepex- In Company learning Processes Expert
Product Type CD-ROM
The transfer process focused on three specific areas of innovation:
• The profile of competences that the “in-company learning processes expert” should possess,
• A training programme designed to support the acquisition and development of those competences needed to deliver learning within the workplace, with a particular focus on the development of key capabilities in the trainee,
• A toolkit for the development and delivery of both training and support for trainees.
The innovation transfer process used in this project was adapted to take into account the specific contexts within the project partners’ own countries through a work plan based on the following areas of activity.
Identification of the outputs of innovation
Transfer of the competence profile
Transfer of the training programme
Transfer of tools and devices
The LePex project sought to develop tools and materials to help in-company-tutors in Europe to develop the competences they need.
The competence profile has been designed for the worker within a company who has the role of in-company learning process expert.
For alternance training (i.e. work placement education and training) he/she has the role of assisting and supporting the trainee throughout the on-the-job learning path. With reference to employees, he/she has the role of assisting and supporting the trainee throughout the process of personal and professional growth required to carry out job-related tasks.
The profile is divided into 4 competence units; each unit corresponding to one phase of the typical working process required of an in-company learning process expert.
1. To define the role of the trainee within the company: it aims to analyse the professional role that the trainee will have to be able to carry out at the end of the work placement action/path or, in case of an employee undergoing training, which competences he/she will have to acquire in order to perform a new role or update his/her competences to meet new company requirements.
2. To welcome the trainee and analyse his/her competences: it aims, within work placement training, to help the trainee understand the company and its products/services, the type of activities he/she will be asked to carry out, the competences he/she will have to acquire and the responsibilities he/she will have.
3. To carry out the tutoring function (on-the-job): it aims to give the trainee the required awareness of what he/she has to deliver and know what it is necessary to do in order to achieve this. The guidance role of the learning process expert will therefore be focused on the following steps:
- Description of the activities and explanation as to how to carry them out,
- Practical demonstrations of the activities required of the trainee,
- Feedback, sharing/discussion on how the trainee has performed and the results that have been obtained,
- Assessment of competences acquired as a result of the training on these new tasks.
4. To evaluate the learning outputs: it aims to enable the trainee to understand what he/she has learnt, the identification of areas for improvement and gaps in knowledge/skills that need to be filled.
A training programme for tutors was transfered and developed, it enables experienced trainers or training providers to implement training that helps the participants to develop the necessary skills for acting as a successful in-company-tutor.
Target group Employees in companies who are responsible for organising and providing training and mentoring in the workplace.
The CD is the result of the project. It is designed to provide tools and training materials for employees in companies who are responsible for organising and providing training and mentoring in the workplace. It is also a report of the EU funded project which produced them.
The CD is divided in three sections:
The Project: Describes the project we carried out and can take you to the web sites of the partners who were involved
The Framework of the Project: Describes the methodology we used to develop the tools and training materials
The Results: Contains the tools and training materials that will be useful for the in-company trainer.
The CD is in: Italian english, Hungarian, german, Portoguese and Greek.
Area of application The cd is designed to provide tools and training materials for employees in companies who are responsible for organising and providing training and mentoring in the workplace.