Title Learning Boussole Corporate Social Responsibility
Project Number 2009-1-BG1-LEO05-01650
Product Boussole CSR
Title Boussole CSR
Product Type website
Marketing Text Boussole CSR is an on-line educational platform dedicated to the Corporate Social Responsibility of SMEs. It offers plenty of information on Responsible entrepreneurship and best practices of European SMEs. The Web 2.0 technology used enables companies to learn from the others, to share experience, good practices, information and documents; to receive answers to everyday questions and find new business and employment opportunities.
Boussole CSR Platform is divided into 2 parts: static part which contains information about the project, definition of CSR and good practices from European SME’s, organized in the 4 directions of CSR – Market place, Workplace, Local Community, Environment.
The interactive part of the platform requires registration for access to the social network of responsible enterprises. The groups of interests are also presented here, separated into 4 categories. Each Member can create group or can join discussion which is already created within a specific group, can share interesting documents or can communicate with other members by sending/receiving messages. There is a multilingual CSR library too.
- SMEs from local business sectors;
- Chambers of commerce and other Business associations;
- Policy makers (with a special focus on local and regional authorities);
- Trade unions;
- VET centres and Agencies.
- Increased learning community about CSR registered in the platform;
- Increased awareness about the importance of implementation of CSR activities as a part of the company’s strategy for achieving sustainable development;
- Increased awareness for the importance of the CSR into the local, national and international policy makers;
- Implementation of SMEs in lifelong learning showing that by the means of the new technologies applied in Boussole CSR platform they can find solutions to their problems and new opportunities for the sustainable development of their business as well;
- Boussole CSR project is included as a good practice by “Welfare and Social Security” Department of the Bulgarian Ministry of Labour and Social Policy.
Area of application
The platform helps companies and other stakeholders to “know about”, “learn how” and “implement” social responsible initiatives in the enterprise.
Let’s bring a small example to picture the approach: A small company may need to know more about CSR as regards the staff. It could consult the platform and create groups in category “Work place” or refer to the “Best practices”. But the same small company could use also the platform in an interactive way – by asking questions or contributively – by creating a new group; proposing other members to follow its group and find together solution of specific problem; posting/sharing interesting documents. The shared documents are automatically uploaded in the Library.