Title Be-TWIN, Testing a joint ECVET-ECTS Implementation
Project Number 147825-LLP-1-2008-1-FR-ECVET
Product "Be-TWIN, building bridges and overcoming differences", methodological guide
Title "Be-TWIN, building bridges and overcoming differences", methodological guide
Product Type others
The philosophy of the guide is easily explained through the title chosen: “ECTS-ECVET: Building Bridges and Overcoming Differences”.
The guide, to be published in July 2010, includes following components:
- the design of a methodology that enables to articulate the learning pathways approach (ECTS) and the learning outcomes approach (ECVET)
- the definition of a criteria for the allocation of credit points within the qualification (allocation of both ECTS and ECVET points to each learning unit)
- the specification of evaluation and validation procedures for each learning unit: these procedures should be differentiated but articulated between both credit systems.
· Research and review of the current state of implementation of the two systems
· Mapping of good-practice of existing methodologies designed to link the two systems
· Composition of a glossary of indispensable terms which underpin both concepts and still carry conflicting definitions and connotations
· Draft of a European Definitions’ Framework introducing a common understanding of core concepts
· Identification of the bases for a common methodology linking the workload and learning outcomes approaches
· Establishment of learning outcomes and learning pathways as a concrete tool to translate between both worlds in order to assess, revitalise and innovate existing programmes in both spheres
· Specification of evaluation and validation procedures for each credit system and definition of credit points allocation
· Review of existing quality assurance cultures in both spheres with a perspective to arrive at an integrative quality culture which safeguards confidence in both learning outcomes and learning pathways
· Update of the methodology further to the inputs of WP3 (operational testing).
Target group VET providers (e.g. training programme managers); universities; national, regional and European authorities; certifying bodies (e.g. ministries of education); experts and researchers in the field of education and training; business representatives involved in mobility and recognition schemes.
Result Create a plaform of dialogue and understanding between ECVET and ECTS.
Area of application The methodological guide will help training centers and universities involved in recognition procedures using credits to apply a common implementation of both ECTS and ECVET
Product Languages English