Title Utilization of advaces of ICT developments in mobile learning in order to promote interactive learning for adult people in the field of ecological agriculture
Project Number 2009-SK1-LEO05-00792
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text Main objective of the project was to elaborate information about plant protection in ecological agriculture. The aim was to create website and to enable users to learn by using mobile and handheld information technology devices. The method has promoted informal learning and increase the volume of cooperation between universities and companies. The duration of the project was 24 month: 01/11/2009 - 31/10/2011
Summary The project "Utilization of advaces of ICT developments in mobile learning in order to promote interactive learning for adult people in the field of ecological agriculture" puts the accent on elaboration and easy access to all important information about plant protection in ecological agriculture, as there was not such comprehensive source available until now in Slovakia. The project is providing useful information for developing environmentaly safe agricultural technologies heading to sustainable development which is one of the top priorities of European Union. The aim was to create web site with the title of http//:www.greenplantprotection.eu and to enable users learning on the go, using mobile and handheld information technology devices, such as mobile telephones, laptops and tablet PC technologies, because mobile learning is a perfect solution for today´s mobile community.
The project was based on 2 successful LdV pilot projects "Compass" and "Ecologica" (www.ecologica.net). The main added value compared to the previous project is a follow-up of e-learning presented by Ecologica project. This follow up is mobile learning that is enhanced with mobile tools and mobile communication. The main objective was to create website www.greenplantprotection.eu which contains all needed information for successful plant protection in Slovakian ecological agriculture easily accesible through mobile devices. The project will contribute to the setting and testing of processes leading to ensure quality in further professional training, preparation and lifelong learning. The project and its deliverables offers additional career development trainig for users and the practical implications of the project can significantly contribute to a reduction in use of pesticides in agriculture.
Three experienced partners were involved in the project. The coordinator is the Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra. The university cooperates with 2 core partners:
1. Association for Hungarian Organic Farming
2. BIOCERT Association
Involved partners had a lot of experience in ecological agriculture, sustainable development and education.
The target beneficiaries were farmers and agricultural employees.
Utilization and distribution of results
Open and distance learning
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
Information and Communication
material for open learning
program or curricula
open and distance learning
1. Curriculum on pest and disease management
2. Curriculum on agro- ecological weed regulation
3. Mobile learning-new educational methods-follow up of e-learnig
4. Green plant protection (book)
5. National workshop on educational needs of user organizations
6. Report on educational needs of user organizations
7. Report on existing content of plant protection in ecological agriculture
8. GreenplantProtection.eu Educational Scenarios Design(workspace)
9. GreenplantProtection.eu Content Translation & Adaptation(database)
10. GreenplantProtection.eu Content Population in Web Site(website)
11. GreenplantProtection.eu Web Site Design(website)
12. GreenplantProtection.eu Web Site Deployment (website)
13. Validation plan and pilot design
14. Validation report and recommendations
15. Design of the educational scenarios and guidelines of project web site
16. Dissemination and valorization plan
17. Workshop "Educational challenges for agricultural proffessional: the GreenplantProtection.eu Experience"
18. Interim dissemination and valorization report
19. Final dissemination and valorization report
20. Interim management report
21. Final management report
Projecthomepage www.greenplantprotection.eu; http://m.greenplantprotection.eu