Title Reducing Occupational Stress in Employment
Project Number 142840-LLP-1-2008-1-IE-LEONARDO-LMP
Product Mapping and Needs Analysis
Title Mapping and Needs Analysis
Product Type others
Marketing Text A profile of the vocational sector in 5 EU countries - Austria Italy Ireland United Kingdom and Romania - was conducted in order to gather data to inform programme design.
The ROSE project has completed a number of key information gathering activities. These include the following:
• A survey of national structures for the support of occupational and rehabilitation centres for service users with mental health problems and/or intellectual disabilities in each of the project partner countries;
• A survey of local legislative and resourcing structures and issues; the nature of organisation in vocational delivery in the partner countries and the nature of the workforce employed and the client groups served;
• An organisation and human resource survey to gather information about services at a local or micro level in each of the partner countries;
• Focus groups conducted with a range of managers and support staff in each of the five partner countries. The purpose of this was to identify the nature of stressors in the vocational sector amongst these potential beneficiaries of the project;
• A stress assessment survey called the job content questionnaire distributed to a sample of frontline workers and managers to assess individuals’ stress in their workplaces;
• A survey of frontline workers and managers to identify their preferences for web design so that the online programme could be tailor made around their preferences.
Target group The project employed surveys, stress assessment tools and focus groups with the potential beneficiaries – that is front line staff and managers who work in the occupational/rehabilitation and social care intellectual disability and mental health sectors within five EU countries.
As a result of these key activities the ROSE project team have gained a comprehensive overview of the sector in five European countries – Austria Italy Ireland United Kingdom and Romania – as this relates to the structure services; educational and worker requirements and supports; the nature of organisational stressors and the experience of individual stress. This in itself has been worthwhile since it is the first time such information has been gathered in this sector. However, the information is also being employed in an applied manner to inform the development of a stress management programme that should help individuals and organisations to more effectively address the issue of work related stress and employee well being.
organisational approaches, staff education and staff support as this relates to workplace stress. Those working in the sector see a need for effective individual and organisational support in the management of stress. The adoption of an online stress management programme is perceived by workers as a commitment on the part of their organisation to employee well being.
Area of application
Product Languages English