Title Projet de formation telematique sur les traitements chirurgicaux des fractures destinés aux chirurgien orthopédique et ingénieurs biomédicaux.
Project Number 2009-1-ES-LEO05-10325
Project Type Projets de transfert d'innovation
Marketing Text L'objectif du projet est le développement d'un outil e-learning mis l'accent sur les domaines de la gestion des Fractures et la Ostéosynthèse pour les deux principaux groupes: les professionnels de la medicine (étudiants, résidents, chirurgiens) et des professionnels impliqués dans le développement et la fabrication des implants.
The objective of this Project was to ensure access to a continued learning in the fields of Osteosynthesis and Fracture Management for two main groups: medicine professionals (students, residents, surgeons) and professionals involved in implants development and manufacturing. This objective was achieved by preparing a telematic course adjusted to the necessities of the final users. Throughout the course, it was possible to give a solution to the lack of formation in the considered fields, allowing students to update their knowledge and improve their abilities.
Training contents concerned different thematic areas like biomechanics, biology and medicine.
These contents explain important aspects of the fracture mechanisms, the healing process, and the surgical techniques used to treat fractures throughout osteosynthesis implants.
This project was addressed to the following centers and university departments:
• Orthopedic surgery departments of Schools of Medicine.
• Public hospitals with doctors in training.
• Public or private hospitals with doctors who want to renew their knowledge on osteosynthesis, approaching new technologies for fracture management.
• Departments of biomedical engineering in technical universities and postgraduate degrees in biomedical engineering.
• R+D and sales departments of orthopedic implant manufacturers that want to offer continued training to their employees.
Training material was based in a telematic training tool comprising both theoretical modules about Osteosynthesis and Fracture Management, and practice contents that will help the comprehension of the basic principles of this surgical specialty.
• Theory documentation consisted in transferring previous training material (courses for university and master students, books, and modules of biomedical courses) developed by the consortium partners, to a telematic course which is accessible for any European student.
• Preparation of practice documentation consisted in preparing an interactive training tool for the identification of fractures by using clinical cases obtained by clinician groups of the consortium, and by preparing simulations of the surgical treatments selected for different kinds of fracture.
Main innovation offered by this course was that theoretical contents and practice modules were studied by means of a telematic tool, that guarantees a large exploitation potential thanks to its easy access. As a result of the exploitation of the course, it was possible to increase the number of specialized professional, to face the higher demand related with population aging, and to reduce the number of failures due to incorrect surgical procedures, bad diagnosis or planning, and antiquated implants designs.
The consortium was composed by centers specialized in biomechanics, medicine and surgery, which will provide learning contents for the course of high technical level; moreover it was integrated by experts in continued formation that guaranteed the appropriateness of the didactic approach, and information and communication technologies (ICT) experts that allowed the implementation of the e-learning platform. The presence of the Spanish Federation of Healthcare Technology Companies and a Polish and a German partner with close relations with Medical Universities and technology companies of the middle-east Europe countries, assured the penetration of the valorization activities.
Formation ouverte et à distance
Santé Humaine et Action Sociale
Activités Spécialisées, Scientifiques Et Techniques
Matériel pour l'enseignement
Enseignement à distance
Product information Telematic course adjusted to the necessities of the final users.