Title MANAGE: Method for a New Approach to Enterprise Management
Project Number 2009-1-FR1- LEO05-07394
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Economy, enterprises, industries and trade ;
Integrating within the VET system area the needed skills for the marketplace;
Qualifying VET teachers and trainers
Nowadays, entrepreneurship is considered as a full part in lifelong learning, a point that has been
underlined by the Lisbon European Council and the European Charter for Small Enterprises (June, 2000). The concern for paying particular attention to teaching Entrepreneurship becomes a questioning of current educational systems in most of European countries as they are too much directed toward the training of future employees and not enough toward the stimulation of the entrepreneurship mind.
The MANAGE project offers, from the transfer and adaptation of the innovative method MIME® already widely proven in France, an effective answer to form teachers and professionals’ trainers of the Education and Vocational training ( EFP) as well as students and adults in training, which are the project target groups.
In this context, the Manage project has, as operational objectives:
- To train in the MIME® method 14 trainers working for the present MANAGE project partners
- To transfer, after having adapted the teaching materials and the license of the MIME® method to the context of each country involved in the MANAGE project. In this sense, DOCUMENTA (Spain), CSCS (Italy) and IREA (Romania) will be in charge of organizing and monitoring MIME® training sessions in their own countries, spreading the method geographically, preparing future trainers to MIME® and managing operating licenses at the end of the program.
- To build a trainers' European network on the MIME® method, including the group of French trainers already approved and provided with multimedia tools to facilitate the exchanges between its members, in particular after the end of the project
MANAGE is inserted in the context described by Erkki Liikanen (member of the EC): " in spite of
the commitment  to promote the teaching of entrepreneurship inside the educational system (at an EU level) […] the enterprising mind has not yet become a field systematically or widely taught. All the same, the teachers’ training concerning the way of developing this idea in class remains unsatisfactory”.
Consequently, the following needs have been identified:
1. The conditions for professional integration in companies concerning young people are shaped by their skills and technique qualification; their appropriation of social rules; their knowledge of their knowledge of companies’ environment and running.
2. The lack of training and experience for teachers and professionals of the EFP system concerning companies’ functioning contributes to the development of a segmented education. Introducing this theme thus questions the skills of those professionals.
3. The needs felt by the partners express a deep will to train better student to the company environment and translate the necessity of encouraging and training teachers and professionals of the EFP system on this issue.
Activities of Extraterritorial Organisations and Bodies
Accommodation and Food Service Activities
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Human Health and Social Work Activities
Other Service Activities
Real Estate Activities
Transportation and Storage
Water Supply; Sewerage, Waste Management and Remediation Activities
Administrative and Support Service Activities
Financial and Insurance Activities
Information and Communication
Arts, Entertainment and Recreation
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
material for open learning
The innovative MIME® method has been deliberately designed free from new technologies and with the most simple and objective materials (Legos®, cardboard, etc.) in order for the participants to get a right understanding of:
- universal and fundamental mechanisms controlling the functioning of a company
- relations developed by enterprises with their environment
- essential contribution from men and women working for the companies and the functions they have in it.
The transfer of MIME® will be achieved through four main activities:
1. The adaptation of the MIME® method to the context and target groups of each country
2. The training of 16 trainers coming from the group of partners
3. The entrustment to the 1st level partners - from Spain, Italy and Romania -, of the development of the method, the license management and the training of the future trainers approved on the method.
4. The elaboration of a multimedia platform of information and exchange as a background for the constitution and monitoring of a European network of trainers approved on the method.
The Manage project will make possible the training of 14 trainers to the utilisation of MIME® who will, at their turn, promote the method among about 250 teachers and professionals of EFP at short term, and about 1400 at long term. Around 5700 indirect beneficiaries (students and adults in training) should also benefit from MIME.