Title Trans European Promotion of Public-Private Partnership
Project Number 2009-1-PL1-LEO05-05040
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The Project addresses the important European objective which is promotion and reinforcement the contribution to the process of innovation by creating a common transparent European model of professional qualifications for construction management staff in frame of Continuous Professional Development Courses. The project handles the problem of the lack of clear guidelines for practitioners wanting to execute a successful infrastructural project in PPP form.
The main aims of the Project were:
- to improve the quality and to increase the volume of co-operation between institutions, organizations, enterprises, social partners and other relevant bodies throughout Europe providing learning opportunities - by creation of the new courses in the area of PPP projects,
- to support the development of innovative ICT-based content, services, pedagogies and practice for learning - by use of website for distant learning of PPP projects,
- to facilitate the development of innovative practise in the field of vocational education and training other than at tertiary level, and knowledge transfer from one participating country to the other - by creation of PPP Incubator.
The consortium submitting this Application was formed by the Partners from 5 European countries (namely: Poland, Ireland, Portugal, Turkey, United Kingdom) that represented both public and private sector. Partners agreed that they will take responsibility of partial co-ordination of other partners work, connected with relevant tasks. The consortium was led by Centrum PPP (Public-Private Partnership Centre) which is a Polish Foundation functioning on non-profit basis that was founded by 41 entities including banks, land development agencies, foundations, associations, chambers and business agencies. The following outcomes of the Project were planned:
- preparation of the group of the relevant tutors for PPP courses,
- creation of the relevant methodology and didactic materials for PPP courses,
- description of the procedures of PPP projects in Partners' countries,
- marketing of the PPP ideas among public authorities, construction companies and private investors, and facilitating the cooperation between public and private partners,
- transfer of PT, IE and UK „PPP know how” to Poland and Turkey.
The project contributes to the improvement of competitiveness, mobility and entrepreneurship in the constructor sector in participating countries and the EU as a whole by promoting PPP ideas and by providing learning opportunities as well as guidelines for entrepreneurs and public administration.
Description project addresses the need for clear and uniform procedures (standards and best practices) in the implementation of PPP projects through the transfer of knowledge and experience
Open and distance learning
Utilization and distribution of results
Administrative and Support Service Activities
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
material for open learning
open and distance learning
booclet "State of the art of PPP and PPP procedures in EU"
Tutor's book on PPP procedures
PPP Incubator - www.