Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The EURO TRANS LOG project (ETL) gathers 12 partners of 8 Member States, sector representatives, companies, institutional organizations in charge of professional training and education in transport sector and Ministries of Education. ETL project aims at enabling mobility of students in Europe and at acknowledging professional skills from one country to another, at level IV of the EQF.
The project concerns the level of qualification V in transport and logistics in all countries. Existing certifications for these jobs show a variety of situations with no common definition of required competencies. As a consequence on the employers’ side, national certifications do not respond to the companies’ needs and to the life long learning issues (continuous training, recognition of professional experience).
Main issues of the project are therefore to bring clear answers to the companies’ needs and requirements, and to develop transparency of qualifications at the European level. The project also aims at developing the professional mobility all over Europe, on the basis of the identified and pertinent job in the sector corresponding to level V EQF.
Based on a French proposal of professional profile, the main objectives are the following:
- To build a common certification
- To implement the means for a mobility, and
- To design networks for training operators and companies.
Target groups are future trainees, applicants for recognition of experience, employers, certification organisations, and all other authorities in charge of diploma definition and training operations.
Description The project also created a series of tools (learning agreements, quality charters for schools and for enterprises, training centre dossier, etc) in order to make students' exchanges easier for schools who are interested in European mobility. 33 training centres from 8 European countries are already committed in the Euro Trans Log network.
Units of learning outcomes
Analysing and writing learning outcomes
Documentation of learning outcomes
ECVET partnership (involvement of competent bodies)
Product Types transparency and certification
On an operational level, the project has created a methodological guide gathering:
- Publication of a common professional profile;
- Creation of a common European qualifications listing corresponding to level V of the EQF;
- Publication of units of learning outcomes, which will lead to the creation of common training modules allowing the implementation of the ECVET (once the trainings are implemented in September 2011);
- Definition of the framework and operating principles of a network of training providers and companies , which favours mobility of learners within their training;
- Availability in real time of the results of the project as work proceeds through a dedicated website.
Projecthomepage http://www.eurotranslog.eu/ and http://www.netinvet.eu/transport