Title Conflicts created on the basis of different cultural backgrounds in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
Project Number 2009-1-PL1-LEO05-05053
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The main aim of the project was to provide beneficiaries (mostly company managers of SME sector) with effective tools dedicated to positive management of conflicts based on cultural differences in SME sector companies. The project’s aim was also to enable, as well as facilitate further development of both knowledge and skills concerning positive management of conflicts, including experience sharing between interested parties. That is why an e-learning platform was elaborated, enabling in turn to share training materials, tools, as well as to stimulate discussion and experience sharing.
The results of the Project are:
-Diagnosis of conflict variation, their sources and means of solving them in SME sector companies, carried out in partnering countries, based on questionnaire.
- Integrated tools supporting conflict and differences solving that frequently appear within SME sector. The tool mainly based on e-learning system “MUST”, consisting of two elements: 1) virtual world where the user encounter all sorts of conflict situations that require solving; 2) “Tutorial” covering all vital information connected with positive management of conflicts and differences within SME companies sector. The tool also contains training program depicting its effective usage. All project’s products are available on a special e-learning platform, which also enable sharing of experience and posting opinions of individuals interested in subject connected with positive management of conflicts and differences.
- Informing campaign promoting positive management of conflicts and cultural differences within SME sector companies (project’s website, e-group, conferences and press articles, brochures, posters, the tool available on e-learning platform and CD-ROMs).
- Project’s internet website, as well as e-group consisting of project partners and its beneficiaries.
- International Partner Management Plan prepared by coordinator (with active partners’ cooperation) which main aim was facilitate international cooperation within project’s borders (description of actions and detailed duty’s description, task realization schedule, communication rules and solving of potential problems emerging during cooperation within project’s borders).
- Evaluation reports enabling swift solving of potential problems and dealing with encountered obstacles connected with project’s development, indicating progress and enabling implementation of all necessary changes.
In order to work out effective supporting tools for company managers of SME sector in solving company's inner problems concerning conflicts and culture based differences the following actions have been planed:
- diagnosing types of potential conflicts, its sources and their solutions in SME sector companies. Such diagnosis was carried out in all participating countries (Spain, Great Britain, Poland) based on questionnaire prepared by BD CENTER (Poland), cooperating with the partners. Every one of them was responsible for conducting such analysis in their own country.
- Transfer of tool supporting positive management of conflicts and cultural differences (POCODIMA project), as well as adapting transferred tool to SME sector specification and managers' needs. This action was supervised by Arber Enterprises Ltd. (Great Britain). Both transfer and adaptation processes were a two part undertaking. The first part concerns substantial content transfer. Instituto Europeo para la Gestion de la Diversidad (Spain) prepared scenario content on the basis of that already created within POCODIMA project, as well as adapting them to suit SME sector. The second one concerned technological details and was connected with adjusting already worked out and adapted scenarios in accordance with present technological standards. Both IT tools (CD), as well as e-learning platform was prepared by Danmar Computers (Poland). After transfer’s end Instituto Europeo para la Gestion de la Diversidad (Spain) developed a training program that includes already created tools.
- Testing of worked out tools supporting positive management of conflicts and differences in companies of SME sector. Such a testing was conducted over the same course of time in all participating countries and this part of the project was supervised by XXI INVESLAN (Spain). It was a four-module undertaking. It began with a one day training for managers of SME sector companies. The second testing module was consisted in distributing the tools on CD-ROMs, as well as sending the link to e-learning platform to 20 experts (5 experts per country), which were then assess these products by means of questionnaire. The third module’s aim was to check the quality of the training program and the tool created by trainers of training facilities (5 trainers per country) and distributing tool on CD-ROMs and sending e-learning platform link. The last part was tested among 20 workers (5 workers per country) by means of tool distribution on CD-ROMs, as well as e-learning platform link.
What is more, BD Center (Poland) was responsible for both managing and coordination of all action within the project’s borders and for monitoring and evaluation. On the other hand, Danmar Computer (Poland) was supervise the result distribution process.
Open and distance learning
Activities of Extraterritorial Organisations and Bodies
Activities of Households as Employers; Undifferentiated Goods- and Services-Producing Activities of Households for Own Use
Public Administration and Defence; Compulsory Social Security
Administrative and Support Service Activities
Real Estate Activities
Financial and Insurance Activities
Transportation and Storage
Wholesale and Retail Trade; Repair of Motor Vehicles and Motorcycles
Water Supply; Sewerage, Waste Management and Remediation Activities
Electricity, Gas, Steam and Air Conditioning Supply
Mining and Quarrying
Accommodation and Food Service Activities
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Human Health and Social Work Activities
Other Service Activities
Information and Communication
Arts, Entertainment and Recreation
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
program or curricula
material for open learning
open and distance learning
The main product elaborated within the project is Beyond Diversity e-learning platform which include training materials and stimulate discussion and experience sharing.
The other products created under the project are:
- Scenario of Indicators that can generate conflicts in SMEs
- Polish Scenario of Indicators that Can Generate Conflicts in SMEs
- English Scenario of Indicators that Can Generate Conflicts in SMEs
- Project website
- Leaflet about the project
- Comparative analysis from desk research. Great Britain-Poland-Spain
- Summary report from surveys conducted in Poland, Great Britain and Spain among SME sector's companies and their workers
- Report from surveys conducted in Great Britain among SME sector's entrepreneurs and workers
- Report from surveys conducted in Spain among SME sector's entrepreneurs and workers
- Report from surveys conducted in Poland among SME sector's entrepreneurs and workers
- E-Learning platform
- The report containing results of testing WP4