Title ESPA EST 2.0. BUSINESS SPANISH FOR SMES
Project Number 2009-1-PL1-LEO05-05043
Product ESPA Dictionary.
Title ESPA Dictionary.
Product Type material for open learning
Multilingual on-line dictionary is very strongly integrated with ESPA Learning (business Spanish Course), but it can also be used separately, as autonomous and independent didactical tool.
Layout of the Dictionary was changed. The selection of words included in a dictionary was verified – adjusted to the project’s specifics. Only translations from Spanish and into Spanish are possible. A button enabling switching between languages was added. There is a keyboard in a source language of translation. Words can be searched according to categories – therefore the selection of words in particular categories was verified. The search results are presented in an improved way – the searched entry is shown at the top of the list, similar words are listed below. It is not necessary to type in the last search entry again after switching between languages. The system shows the last search entry instead of going back to the main page of the dictionary.
Description ESPA Dictionary is a product transferred from a previous ESPA EST project. It has been a subject to some methodological and quality improvements and has been linguistically adapted to new countries.The vocabulary is divided into three cathegories: basic vocabulary, general business vocabulary and business trade vocabulary.
- managers, employers and SMEs’ staff from Eastern and Central Europe
- employees who are interested in Lifelong Learning Process and who want to have better skills on job market
- students of management and administration, of foreign affairs (who are planning to work in SMEs in Central-Eastern Europe or who are planning to establish their own enterprises)
- Spanish language students who want to learn business language
- teachers and didactical staff of Spanish Language
- Spanish Language schools and centers
- Chambers of Commerce
- public and state administration
- international companies (people interested in self-education)
Result The improved didactical material is available for the representatives of target groups in new countries. It will have positive impact on the linguistic competences of users, their competitiveness on labour market and mobility.
Area of application The materials for open and distance learning can be used by an unlimited number of users in the most convenient time and place. The dictionary of business Spanish can support the usage of ESPA Learning or it can be used separately.