Project Number LLP/LdV/TOI/2007/IRL-505
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Marketing Text AS ENGLISH
Summary This project aimed to equip employers with the skills necessary to manage and reduce absenteeism by introducing a return to work strategy within the workplace. The e-learning package includes a self-assessment tool that provides the user with a profile of their own knowledge and skills and an organisational profile; A training course for employers, workers and representatives and HP professionals; and an e-learning environment which includes general information; the self-assessment tool, the training course, links to key website and resources materials. There is also a cost calculator available on the website which enables employers to evaluate exactly how much absenteeism is costing his/her business.
The project objectives included:
• Developing a set of tools to improve employer practice in return to work (assessment tool, face-to-face training course and an e-learning environment).
• Transferring research and policy based knowledge to improve the practice of employers in return to work (by awareness raising, training provision and tool based support).
• Transferring the knowledge and skills developed within the project across national boundaries.
• Implementing the training and assessment tool in field trials - the results will be used for updating the main outputs of the project.
• Establishing long-term plans and activities to support the sustainability of the project outputs
Unterlagen für offenen Unterricht
Many people can benefit from this project. These include employees who have become ill or disabled and whose chances of continued employment can be positively affected by the proposed measures. Employers can also benefit through increased availability of staff in the workplace.
• Indirect beneficiaries include:
• Service providers
• Health and Safety Professionals
• Policy Makers
The project aims to retain and reintegrate vulnerable employees into work and promote healthier working lives. The website resources enable employers to understand return to work processes and advises on the most effective means for dealing with long-term illness and how best to manage absenteeism, returning employees to work in a safe and timely manner.