Title Dissemination of scientific, technical and economic culture (DCSTE)
Project Number LLP-LdV-TOI-2008-FR-117046
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text Using techniques and know-how usually applied to the dissemination of scientific and technical information, DCSTE aims to provide clear and simple information on the social welfare system in Europe to different categories of workers.
Summary Through a transfer of know-how, the DCSTE project aims to provide simple and clear information to workers and by extension to the general public concerning the different aspects of the social welfare system. The aim is that the target public will gain information enabling him/her to take measures to protect himself/herself and his/her famliy but also to become aware of the issues at stake concerning our social protection system.
Description The first stage of the project consisted in carrying out various surveys in the professional world in order to determine the needs in relation to access to information on the subject of social protection. Meetings were held with trade unions, with professional networks and bodies, with companies and questionnaires were given out to a sample of workers. According to the results of these enquiries, a series of tools were developped : an exhibition, a series of radio programmes, a series of "cafés", an e-learning course, a board game and a web site. These tools were adapted so as to be operational in the different countries of the project (Spain, France and Belgium). The next phase was a pilot phase in order to test the products on the target public and to adjust the tools if necessary. And finally a dissemination and communication plan was instigated with two major events in France and Spain at the end of the project which enabled a broad dissemination amongst the professional world.
Utilization and distribution of results
Open and distance learning
Public Administration and Defence; Compulsory Social Security
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Human Health and Social Work Activities
Financial and Insurance Activities
Information and Communication
open and distance learning
- An exhibition of 11 panels with accessories in French
- A exhibition of 4 panels in Spanish based on the techniques used for the French panels.
- A series of 3 pre-defined "cafés" in France (retirement reforms, the social protection system, adult education as a form of social protection)
- 2 cafés in Spain (financial education)
- 1 boardgame as an introduction to the cafés
- 9 e-learning modules in Spanish and 3 e-learning modules in French adapted to the web.
- A series of radio programmes and podcasts (30 second flashes, 4-minute information flashed and 30 or 40 minute debates - mainly in French with one or two in Spanish)
- A web site in French and Spanish with information pages in English.
Projecthomepage www.protection-sociale-et-moi.eu or www.mijubilacionyyo.eu