Title SOLE - Supporting SMEs in joining the open labour market in Europe
Project Number LLP-LdV-TOI-07-BG-166011
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Marketing Text Our project SOLE (Project No. LLP-LDV-TOI-07-BG166011) is a Leonardo Transfer-of-Innovations funded project, which brings Placement Support to new EU member states and is targeted towards SMEs and job seekers in foreign countries. Project’s aim is to help employers who take on workers/trainees/students from other European countries.
The project develops the successful results of a previous LdV pilot project - Placement Support that ended in 2004. The current project SOLE therefore proposes to build on its recognized strenghts and address any weaknesses that might arise in the process of adaption.
The main project objective is to facilitate companies by developing support materials for placements of new employers from another European country. The results from the previous project will not be only transferred in the new state but also build on with additional features.
Description The project aims to help overcome the boundaries that employers encounter regarding the mobility of the employees, giving them an instrument that will create accurate profile of the position. That will support the process of integration of young people and students and will help them overcome social, cultural and language boundaries as well as differences in the company methods and strategies that are new to them.
Berufsorientierung und -beratung
SOLE Product is EUR-ASSIST - a valuable on-line tool
EUR-ASSIST provides foreign employees with a tried and tested induction programme.
These employees will adapt more quickly to their new job. And most importantly, be more productive much quicker!
Within a few minutes Product of the project SOLE produces an induction programme for foreign workers in Bulgarian SMEs
EUR-ASSIST will further develop an innovative on-line support system for SMEs (Placement Support) based on the "EIS³ - European Induction System" funded by Leonardo da Vinci programme.
What is EUR-ASSIST seeking to achieve?
• Encouraging and assisting SMEs in attracting and supporting foreign workers and trainees and thereby promoting increased mobility and competitiveness within Europe
• Developing for the benefit of SMEs and foreign workers a general induction programme that is on-line, user-friendly for SME employers and effective in assimilating new workers into a productive workforce
• Producing induction support materials which will have wide appeal and accessibility for SMEs and their employees in all the major European languages
• Testing and validating the materials in cooperation with participating partner SMEs
• Marketing the EUR-ASSIST products across Europe with the assistance of European networks and through a promotional campaign targeted at SME employers.