Title B.I.F. – BANKING & INSURANCE & FINANCIAL NETWORK – Promoting Recognition of Learning Outcomes through ECVET System
Project Number 504476-LLP-1-2009-1-PT-LEONARDO-LNW
Project Type Networks
Country EU-Centralised Projects
Project BIF Network brings up a network among training organisations coming from Banking, Insurance and Financial Sectors, whose main aim is the promotion of the ECVET system, by introducing a methodology for the application of the ECVET points to existing qualifications.
At the same time the project will produce a Guide for Orientation in the ECVET system and an ECVET Points attribution Vademecum for trainers and professionals to help them structure training programmes according to ECVET requirements.
A wide adoption of the ECVET system will facilitate the mobility of people working in the Financial Services Sector throughout Europe, while giving visibility to their competences which might be applicable in different working contexts. Consequently, the quality standards of training provision will be surely increased.
Setting common guidelines to attribute ECVET credit points to the BIF Sector qualifications will represent a starting point as far as the spread of the recognition of competences and qualifications throughout European countries is concerned.
The project BIF Network intends to promote the application of ECVET to the training provision of the Banking, Insurance and Financial Services sector. The project is designed to raise awareness and build a path for progressive adoption of the European Credit System for Vocational Education and Training (ECVET) in order to facilitate the international transfer, accumulation and recognition of individual’s learning outcomes starting from the BIF services.
B.I.F Project aims to meet ECVET objectives - facilitation of the mobility of the individuals involved in a training pathway, assessment and validation of learning outcomes achieved in lifelong learning, transparency of qualifications and the mutual trust and cooperation among stakeholders involved in VET in Europe - providing a valid network of professional organisations in the Financial Services Sector, a set of tools and a guidance to reach these objectives and facilitate the transition.
The BIF Project intents to offer:
• A complete overview of the present adoption of the ECVET system throughout Europe in the BIF Sectors;
• A methodology for assigning ECVET points to existing qualifications;
• And, in order to facilitate this adoption, two easy to use tools:
o An Users Guide for orientation of potential users in the ECVET system;
o An ECVET points attribution Vademecum for training professionals and experts to design programmes according to ECVET requirements.
Through the adoption of the ECVET system, the BIF Sectors will be able to rely on a higher degree of transparency and quality assurance of training supply and qualifications.
The project aims at addressing the following objectives:
• Developing a method for assigning ECVET credit points to professional qualifications;
• Assigning ECVET credit points to EFCB and certified qualifications in the partner countries;
• Endorse the ECVET application in the BIF Sectors at European level that are assigned by the partners;
• Set ground from this experience and results to apply the ECVET system in other sectors than BIF.
The project aims at the activation on the ECVET network in order to set ground and create realistic opportunities to apply the ECVET in the BIF Sectors involving more than 6 million employees in Europe.
Due to the nature, the size and the relevance of the BIF Sectors with its intrinsic necessity of people's mobility and continuous need for competence developments, even more important in time of economic and financial turbulence, the BIF Network becomes a concrete response to this need.
The innovative character of the project stands in the adoption of the ECVET credits as a basis for building a new generation of VET qualifications to be activated by 2012. The focus will move from content description to learning outcomes in terms of competences.
The main impacts of the project will be:
• Test ECVET credit points by piloting its application in partners’ countries.
• Developing a methodology for assuring the quality of attributing ECVET credit points to BIF qualifications.
• Create a set of materials (methodological guidelines) for those who will in the future set ECVET credit points for other qualifications.
• Ensure that ECVET credit points assigned to financial qualifications are reliable and consistent thought Europe.
• Disseminate the project outcomes across European countries.
• Build on the results of previous projects: EFCB and CERTIFIED.
• Work toward the harmonization at European level of common standards of certification of competences and accreditation systems for providers and programmes.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Financial and Insurance Activities
transparency and certification
The main outcomes and products that will be developed during the project’s lifetime will be:
• Press releases
• Review and Implementation of the ECVET System at sectoral level – Synopsis of existing qualifications
• ECVET points attribution Vademecum
• User's Guide – Guidelines for the Attribution of ECVET Credit Points
• Eight awareness raising national ECVET seminars
• Dissemination conference
• Dissemination documentation
• Evaluation report