Title MC4VED Mass Customization for Vocational Education
Project Number DE/09/LLP-LdV/TOI/147203
Product MC4VED configurator for a mechatronics and mechanical engineering curriculum at Deltion College, Zwolle, NL (Executive project description)
Title MC4VED configurator for a mechatronics and mechanical engineering curriculum at Deltion College, Zwolle, NL (Executive project description)
Product Type program or curricula
Marketing Text Design and implement a MC4VED configurator for a mechatronics and mechanical engineering curriculum to improve students' motivation and sustainable learning out-comes.
- Students motivation
- High dropout rate
- Lack of commitment among teachers.
- Environment and students do not fit the
- Reduce drop outs.
- Improve commitment among teachers.
- Reduce costs.
- Increase rate of students leaving the school
with a diploma.
- Increase involvement of students and
- Re-improve Deltion curriculum to regain a
The Deltion colleagues developed a new curriculum fitting the students’ needs and made the curriculum suitable for the new learning environment.
Milestones - An Evaluation Criteria:
- Develop two cases.
- Test and adjust these cases.
- Implement the cases in the curriculum.
- Measure students and teachers satisfaction.
- Measure companies’ involvement.
The Deltion colleagues cjanged the content of the curriculum during the project period.
Follow ups (Scale):
- Develop cases and improve the curriculum
- November 2009 – June 2011
- Commitment of two team managers responsible
for these courses.
- Inform the colleagues in team meetings.
- Present progress on Deltion Internet and
Intranet, articles in local and regional
papers, Link on Deltion webpage to the
project website .
Lack of commitment among teachers.
More students leave school with a diploma.
Improvement of students’ satisfaction.
Effective educational route.
Recognition of earlier acquired skills and reducing costs.
Dual partners in industry
Result 2 pilot cases/modules in mechanical and electrical engineering
Area of application
Customized learning in class
Product Languages English