Title MC4VED Mass Customization for Vocational Education
Project Number DE/09/LLP-LdV/TOI/147203
Product Film about developing and designing learning situations at Technical College Nova Gorica
Title Film about developing and designing learning situations at Technical College Nova Gorica
Product Type Film
Marketing Text In this film the Slovenian partners show different ways of developing and designing various learning situations.
- The task of all expert teachers (theory and practice) in the JOINER programme is to study the professional standards and catalogues of knowledge for professional modules and define modules for an open curriculum based on the needs and consensus with social partners. (3/15 sec)
- Practical knowledge and experiences help teachers to find characteristic products or services in every professional module transferred from real professional life situations. This is a starting point for typical learning situations which connects theory and practice and enables to identify the relevance of theory. (4/15 sec)
In the learning situation the students achieve planned professional and integrated competence. At this point it is very important to define the educational model. A didactical way of realisation has to be found and effective teams of teachers has to be defined. (5/15 sec)
To plan the realisation of the professional part of the programme with learning situations a team of experts needes to follow the next steps:
1. Define the methodological basis to perform learning situations and a team of experts which would perform the educational process such as project work,
2. Roughly define all learning situations
following in the timeline
3. Define the execution of the curriculum for the relevant program
4. Write down frame curriculum for all classes. (6/30 sec) (written on screen?)
5. An expert team is responsible for certain learning situations. They first check the professional and integrated competences in the professional module. They write down realisable goals matching the needs in the field of profession and possibilities of the
school. (7/20 SEC)
6. Define the necessary theoretical background to support practical context – execution of documentation and product itself.
7. Plan the context and schedul the learning situations in a timeframe, harmonise the team work and define how long certain activities would be performed by whom and supplementing each other.
Based on the project draft they plan the project work for production and the final presentation. (8/35 sec)
8. The team perceives the need for integration with general subjects, monitor those needs and inform the teachers who are responsible for implementing suggested changes to realise them in planned time. Teachers of professional
and general subjects are working closely together during all activities needed to complete learning situations. (9/10 sec)
Members of the team jointly plan minimal standards of knowledge to achieve optimal results. They all document and publish to give students and their parents access.
Teams define common evaluation criteria for estimating and evaluating learning situations. The final grade is a common agreement after the the documentations and products are presented to the team based on defined measures. (10/30 sec)
9. Collect all those documents and provide them in the Fine Executive Curriculum. (11/10 sec)
Target group Teaching staff
Area of application Information and teaching guidance