Title LitusGo: TRAINING MEDITERRANEAN LOCAL AUTHORITIES AND CIVIL ORGANIZATIONS ON INTEGRATED COASTAL ZONE MANAGEMENT AND REACTION TO THE IMPACTS OF CLIMATE CHANGES
Project Number LLP-502132-LLP-1-2009-1-CY-LEONARDO-LMP
Product LitusGo 2nd Leaflet (4 languages)
Title LitusGo 2nd Leaflet (4 languages)
Product Type distribution methods
Marketing Text LitusGo products are included in the project’s portal: www.litusgo.eu. More than 60 deliverables have been produced during the 30 months of LitusGo duration.
The major are:
The LitusGo Training Manual is an innovative training product, with problem-solving orientation immediately exploitable in the entire Med-region and easily customised to accommodate the needs of other European coastal areas. The Manual has been developed in a user-friendly, modular way: it consists of 20 autonomous, self-contained and interrelated modules with clear reference on the needs of each target group.
o The Manual is available in 2 versions: the web version, included in the portal, has been developed through a wiki application in order to make it attractive, interactive and fresh. The paper version consists of 20 independent booklets, one for each module, which are distributed in one folder but can be used autonomously.
o The Manual is available in four languages: English, Greek, Maltese and Turkish.
The 20 LitusGo training modules:
A. General Modules:
1. European Legal framework
2. Stakeholder involvement/Public Participation
B. ICZM Modules:
3. Sustainable tourism-carrying capacity
4. Water resources management
5. Fisheries/ fish farming
6. Coastal water quality
7. Ecosystems management (land and coastal ecosystems)
8. Waste management/ recycling/ compost
9. Air pollution
10. Land uses/ urban planning/ coastal over-development
11. Landscape and marine-scape management
12. Coastal erosion control
13. Community annoyance issues 1: noise pollution
14. Community annoyance issues 2: light and thermal pollution, odors
15. Archeological areas/ historic sites/ cultural heritage
C. Climate Change Modules:
16. Extreme conditions management: Flood risks, coastal flooding and storm surge
19. Energy use, consumption and management
20. Green Buildings
LitusGo Local Info Data Base has been developed based on local needs. It includes data in a region-specific way, on fields related to ICZM and climate changes (eg existing legal framework, meteorological, demographic and social data , land uses, archaeology-culture, natural resources, future development plans and trends, eco-systems, stakeholder participation). The e-Data Base is uploaded on the portal and it is available in English and in the local Med-languages. It incorporates a dedicated technology to allow any interested party outside the partnership to create its own Local Info e-Data Base just by introducing data to a dedicated spreadsheet. So, feel free to contact the LitusGo coordinator in order to take a password and make your own Local Info Data Base.
• The LitusGo portal www.litusgo.eu is a self contained, dynamic, user friendly portal, rich in ICT tools, such as the wiki application for the web version of the LitusGo training Manual, facebook, myspace and other social networks, RSS, on-line chat platform etc. All LitusGo products are uploaded on the portal.
Result 2500 disseminated
Area of application Dissemination / Awareness raising