Title “Professional ELP to improve EU workers employability by the improvement of their professional foreign language skills” – PROF ELP
Project Number 142528-LLP-1-2008-1-ES-LEONARDO-LMP
Project Type Development of Innovation
Country EU-Centralised Projects
Marketing Text Prof-ELP proposes the development of an innovative ELP that will contribute to EU workers Employability by the improvement of their professional foreign language skills. Prof-ELP will be produced in different versions (paper-based, electronic and digital media).
Prof-ELP will be defined and developed on a cooperation basis where consortium partners and relevant stakeholders (Promoters of Employment Services, Language training Providers, Employers and Workers and future workers) will jointly define and produce Prof-ELP and will have the following benefits:
- Workers and future workers will have access to a new self-learning and self-assessment tool on professional language skills and competencies, and will provide information about their language proficiency on professional environments, on a scale valid at the EU level.
- Employers will be provided with a tool that will allow them to get an overall picture of their employees’ or applicants’ language proficiency on generic professional competencies and to determine proficiency needs of employees to design training programmes
- Language training Providers will be able to tailor Training processes and document language performances according to the language skills and requirements demanded for professional settings, and to their user’s demands.
- Promoters of Employment Services will be able to strategically plan and organise the provision of language training services following workers and job-seekers, employers, and providers practical demands.
Open and distance learning
Access for disadvantaged
Information and Communication
material for open learning
open and distance learning
transparency and certification
- Good Practises Report on language self-learning processes and Adult ELPs: 60 Best Practises and 22 Adult ELPs analysed.
- Diagnosis Study on language Self-Learning on professional and work-related Language Training.
- Work Methodology for the involvement of Stakeholders for the definition of generic professional language skills and requirements.
- Prof-ELP Contents, format and structure recommendation report.
- Prof-ELP, composed of 3 tools: 1 Language Passport framework, 1 Language biography framework, 1 Dossier framework, on hard copy, electronic and digital versions.
- 6 Promotion Kick-off Workshops organised.
- Common pedagogical training method developed.
- 5 theoretical and practical training experience developed (1 per country.
- 5 Dissemination & Exploitation plans (1 per country).
- Dissemination and Transfer action aimed at national Stakeholders (Promoters, Demanders and Providers).
- Dissemination and Transfer actions aimed at EU Stakeholders: 5 National Leonardo Agencies contacted (1 per country), 1 EU Executive Agency action (lead partner), 1 Council of Europe action (lead partner).
- 5 intermediate ELP presentations to corresponding Language divisions (1 per country).
- 5 Application for ELP Validation to be submitted to Council of Europe (1 version per country)
- 5 Dissemination Workshops developed.
- European Final seminar developed.