Title Development of a common training programme for ABI caregivers
Project Number 505666-LLP-2009-SI-LEONARDO-LMP
Product European Manual on ABI Training
Title European Manual on ABI Training
Product Type teaching material
Marketing Text The Manual is an innovative and comprehensive manual is a high quality compilation of existing knowledge, expertise and best-practice, for those working in all the recovery aspects of ABI.The goal of this educational tool is to support learners at training, but also trainers to shape the training they will deliver.
Description The manual provides a description of the symptoms of ABI, of the impact of ABI on the individual, the family and society and of the recovery and the rehabilitation process. It examines abilities and challenges, identifies key members of the rehabilitation team, including their roles and approaches to treatment and care, introduces different strategies and approaches and develops positive goals and support plans. The ABI Training Manual will serve as a resource to assist participants at training.After the first draft of the entire Manual was generated and edited, partners translated it to partner languages, reviewed it and adapted the content to their national context.
• Service users,
• Families, relatives,
• Survivors and parents organisations and associations,
• New employed, low experienced staff in organisations and institutions for long-term ABI care, support and rehabilitation,
• Staff in pre-existing community service models that are allready working with ABI (ex: nursing homes, services for persons with developmental disabilities…),
• All professionals and paraprofessionals involved in providing some kind of care and support to persons with ABI: family doctors, social workers, future employers, teachers, comunity carers,…
• Professional associations, bodies,
• Policy decision-makers,
• Credentialing bodies
Area of application The Manual is foreseen to be used at each training "course" by the participants.