Title Development of a common training programme for ABI caregivers
Project Number 505666-LLP-2009-SI-LEONARDO-LMP
Product National expert meeting
Title National expert meeting
Product Type others
Four national expert meetings were held in Slovenia, France, Hungary and Austria, in February 2010. Participants were national experts and professionals in the field of ABI rehabilitation, care and support. The aims of the meetings were to:
- introduce to the participants the project aims and anticipated results,
- present the results of the training needs analysis,
- analyse already existing ABI training programs in order to identify best practices(24 training programmes were analysed in total).
Description The meetings were held in February 2010 and were attended by more than 80 experts and professionals in ABI.
• Service users,
• Families, relatives,
• Survivors and parents organisations and associations,
• New employed, low experienced staff in organisations and institutions for long-term ABI care, support and rehabilitation,
• Staff in pre-existing community service models that are allready working with ABI (ex: nursing homes, services for persons with developmental disabilities…),
• All professionals and paraprofessionals involved in providing some kind of care and support to persons with ABI: family doctors, social workers, future employers, teachers, comunity carers,…
• Professional associations, bodies,
• Policy decision-makers,
• Credentialing bodies
Joint recommendations for the development of the draft of the common training programme.
Report on the meeting.
Area of application Public.