Title The Leonardo of the Lakes (Promoting Territory and Expertise)
Project Number LLP-LDV/TOI/2007/IT/199
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The project introduces characteristics that favour the transferability in different sectorial and territorial circles. Particularly the structure foresees that has reverted there both on the institutional and territorial plan (network) and formative (formative methodics). For this reason the results of the tourist system project can stretch on the other economic sectors (es. craftsmanship) through the tourist promotion.
As well it concerns to the construction of formative proposals, the adoption of methodics of sector can move, on the base of the professional figures, on the formative planning of partners (Italians and transnational).
The construction of formative packets can be adopted as I model for the specialization post diploma and IFTS of sector over that for other forms especially in the field of the adults formation including the non formal formation (indications in such way are expressed from Cedefop).
In comparison to the development of an institutional network in the tourist sector, the model would find its application in the other national lake tourist basins (Garda and Maggiore) and european.
As regard the dissemination on other sectors the development of initiatives is signalled in comparison to also the management of the cultural and artistic patrimony.
A lake has ever since influenced in a specific way the history and the social development of its surrounding territory.
It constantly affects its economy, for which tourism is, in many cases, the main feature.
Promoting tourism of a lake district encloses, even today, complicated aspects related to: the variety of the natural environment, the more and more international changing demands of tourism, the adequacy of the proposals, and in many cases, the necessity of sharing this natural resource with other nations.
Taking into account these considerations, the Como Province Administration has developed three project targets:
• support the Institutions in the process of developing effective co-ordination methods and successful contribution to the local tourism promotion, particularly in improving the professional training in this sector
• examine, in concert with the Tourism and Service Companies, the real professional requests, considering as well the presence of young workers coming from other UE countries
• Conceive the lake tourist district in a world-wide dimension
It is therefore deemed essential to involve partners, homogenous for : territorial configuration (lakes bordering more nations), social-economic demands, professional training needs, such as Italy, Finland, Germany, Poland joined by Switzerland.
Four are the mainly expected products and results:
• up-dating of the professional training systems, as far as the planning of services and achievements proper of the tourism field
• testing and training new techniques
• development of local networks for the enhancement and promotion of tourism
• arrangement of a website for the dissemination of the project outcomes.
It is therefore expected that the project will have a strong impact, either on the up-dating of the systems or on the effects on the tourism activities and on youth employment.
The project objectives are in comparison to their institutional, territorial and formative value.
On the institutional plan the project intends to render as mostly incisive the criterion of coordination among all the public and private actors that compete to define the sectorial system of the" tourist basin", through shared moments of real territorial sensitization (seminars, works group).
On territorial level the proposal is to furnish to the public and private operators of our tourist system, a project platform for the structuring of a territorial network able to strengthen the services of tourist promotion in organizational, managerial and instrumental terms.
As to the Systems of the education and the Vocational Training the project proposes:
• to involve the system of the enterprises and the tourist services in the elaboration of the formative offer in their various aspects (formative courses, actions of orientation, counselling, accompaniment to the job, apprenticeships), also through forms of specifies formation for the operators
• to endow the centres of education and professional formation with criterions, models and good practice homogeneous and respectful of the real formative requirements of the market, particularly with the creation of models for the formation in sector of the ecocompatible tourism; involving in this process the teachers and the referents of the Professional Institutes, as well as the Centres for the employment
• to furnish to a group of young people (some of which will possibly be selected by transnational partnership) a suitable professionalism subsequently to spend it in the foreseen actions of real structuring of a network of territorial and tourist promotion.
The whole project intervention can bring a valid contribution to the process of modernization of the services of tourist promotion and to the whole system of this sector in action in the province of Como, as well as the same project is identified as a propedeutic phase of an ampler series of actions finalized to the reorganization of the tourist system of the basin of the Lake of Como and Lugano just under predisposition, through the institutional channels with the Region Lombardy.
In terms of link with priorities the project finality and objectives clearly reenter in the suitable prerogatives and already signal in the L.R. Lombardy 8/2004 and of the Socioeconomic Plan of the Province of Como.
On the part of the transnationality it is underlined as the construction of the European partnership of the lakes with the region of lakes in Finland, the lake of Constanz and Como Lake build an European itinerary among three important attractions of the lake tourism. The exchanges of managerial, institutional and formative models strengthen the abilities of the promotion and tourist management on the emergent targets (China, Far East) and traditional (United States) attracted by articulated runs on more tourist destinations.
Utilization and distribution of results
Accommodation and Food Service Activities
Transportation and Storage
Other Service Activities
description of new occupation profiles
a) Educational packets for the training of operators and managers of regional tourism networks
b) Manual programming and design of Network territorial tourism promotion of the basins of lakes
c) Brochure spatial awareness and strengthening the professionalism of operators in the tourism system, user, citizenship and school
d) website of the project