Title COMET Competence Measuring and Training
Project Number DE/09/LLP-LdV/TOI/147 220
Product COMET Handbook
Title COMET Handbook
Product Type procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
Marketing Text The handbook was an introduction to the topic of competence measurement and a practical guide for the use of the COMET tool. It accomplished an easy understanding of the way the tool and the whole process work.
There were three different handbooks:
- one for admins to install and configure the tool into the already existing technical environment. This handbook referred not to competence-building but to bring the defined competences in the right technical way. The other task was to install user.
- the second one was for superiors to assess their staff in their realm of responsibility.
- the third one was for staff.
The manuals were given to superiors and staff in advance to get acquainted with the process and think of their own assessment in a more relaxed atmosphere.
Furthermore the manuals were available for download.
Target-groups fort he handbooks and manuals were:
- SME as prospective user of the tool.
- VET-service provider
- Trainer in charge with VET within companies.
Result An introduction into the topic, an understanding of the importance of competence development, a guideline of how to implement the COMET tool and process into a company.
Area of application There was a close relation between the handbooks and the computer-based tool COMET. Both together accomplished to assess competences of elderly employees and plan further measures of update and develop competences.