Title European Manager for Foreign Trade - Export / Import (EMfEI)
Project Number DE/09/LLP-LdV/TOI/147244
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The target of the project EMfEI is to strengthen the competitiveness especially of small and medium-sized enterprises in the field of foreign trade and at the same time to facilitate the access to the European labour market for the employees.
This will be achieved through the application and implementation of a transparent, unified training approach at European standard.The training addresses to already employed in companies as well as to job seekers who want to improve their job prospects. Within our European partnership of the project also students or graduates who wish to purchase an additional labor-market training are an important target group.
In the field of foreign trade / export and import, the most various trainings and advanced vocational training courses are offered in Europe, which are preventing equal opportunities for employees and reduce competitiveness for the companies.
The aim of the project EMfEI has been to develop a uniform and transparent, modular training and in order to achieve this aim to develop the necessary curricula and examination requirements within the European project partnership and to test those practically. With the ‘European Manager for Foreign Trade - Export / Import (EMfEI) ' now a qualified advanced vocational training degree (EQF level 5) for foreign trade is available that ensures transparency and reliability for employees and companies.
In the EMfEI project partnership, which consisted of educational stakeholders from universities and vocational education institutions and comprised 5 European countries, were first defined the standards that would meet a European training for foreign trade in order to be recognized and disseminated:
• flexible entry and exit for the participants of the training - in accordance with the prior knowledge and the desired level of activity;
• a certificate degree at the level of the EQF 5 -6;
• a uniform and binding curriculum for everyone but also flexible enough for taking national specifics into account;
• an examination procedure that is transparent and that is conducted in all countries to the same standards.
Based in these qualitative preliminaries the curricula for three consecutive modules were then developed:
• module 1 with 240 lessons for participants with no previous specific knowledge. In this module basic business principles are taught. Having finished this module the participants have reached the qualification for simple office work in the import and export (EQF 3);
• module 2 with 360 lessons builds on this and provides the knowledge necessary for a qualified administration/processing in foreign trade - import / export (EQF 4)
• module 3, finally, also with 360 hours qualifies participants for middle to upscaled management activities in foreign trade and closes in case of a passing of the exams with the certificate, European Manager for Foreign Trade - Export / Import (EMfEI) '(EQF 5-6) .
Placement tests, which were developed within the project, allow a reliable assignment of training candidates to each module. In addition to the final tests also an implementation guide was developed with helpful hints for the implementation of the qualification EMfEI for interested educational institutions.
For the further implementation of EMfEI in other European countries an organization structure has been developed by the project that consists one hand, of the ‘European Board of EMfEI 'as the central control and monitoring device in which all national coordinating institutions are represented, as well as the ‘European Coordination Office of EMfEI ', which is located in the LEB in Oldenburg / Bad Zwischenahn and which is in charge of the practical implementation of the dissemination and review.
The continued existence and further development of the project results is guaranteed by the European Board of EMfEI. In annual board meetings will be reported on the current state of implementation in each EU country and strategic decisions will be made. The project homepage will remain and will be updated regularly.
Different international project applications were submitted, which include or build on EMfEI and thus constitute a further element to the sustainability of the project.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Information and Communication
program or curricula
transparency and certification
Product information Our project broschure of the project is provided for downloading. We kindly ask for your understandance that we can only hand out our project handbook, containing among other things all the curricula and sample tests, if you really have decided to carry out EMfEI also in your country/institution. If you are interested in this we will be very pleased if you contact us.